Amazon Kindle 8.9 HDX - 30% Off Today Only

The "special offers" bullshits turned me off to the Kindle. No way I'd pay for push advertising at any price.

The "special offers" bullshits turned me off to the Kindle. No way I'd pay for push advertising at any price.

Those are the models that say "includes Special Offers" , the other models without advertising are on sale as well.

Look at it like this.

Your not paying more for a unit without ads, but you would be paying less for one with ads. Because the advertiser is paying the difference for you.

The special offers are only on the lock screen so not really a big deal and some of them are pretty kick ass.

This is a good sale but to make a comparison of the cost difference vs the 7" version; I bought the 64 GB HDX 7" with Wi-Fi and AT&T 4G LTE a few weeks ago when they were on sale for $159.

The 8.9" size is nice but even with this sale, a similar configured 8.9" version is more than two and a half times the price of what I paid for mine. Nice but... Pricey! :eek:

Frankly, its not intrusive and for $15 you can make them go away forever.

But I understand your position :)

This is a good sale but to make a comparison of the cost difference vs the 7" version; I bought the 64 GB HDX 7" with Wi-Fi and AT&T 4G LTE a few weeks ago when they were on sale for $159.

The 8.9" size is nice but even with this sale, a similar configured 8.9" version is more than two and a half times the price of what I paid for mine. Nice but... Pricey! :eek:

That was a good buy on that HDX 7. I bought my sister one last Christmas and it took me 6 payments to pay it off :)

My old HD7 was well out of warranty, so I converted it to pure Android using Cyanogenmod. It works ok. Has some minor hiccups though.

These do not have memory expansion slots right?

I'm still using an old nook HD+ and was thinking to grab something new but not sure if this is it.

Back