Amazon Has More Than 100 Amazon Dash Buttons Now

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amazon announced today that it now has over one hundred Dash Buttons available now. The press release says that the company now has Amazon Dash Buttons for "everyday household items" like coffee, condoms, snacks and soda. Sounds like a party at the push of a button. ;)

One year after announcing Amazon Dash Button, Amazon today more than tripled the lineup of brands available to its Prime members through the program. Members can now choose from over 100 Dash Buttons representing top-name brands across dozens of retail categories and thousands of products. With Dash Buttons, Prime members never have to worry about running out of everyday household essentials from coffee to condoms, and snacks to soda. When a customer sees supplies running low, they simply press a Dash Button to order.

More than 100 dash buttons ever produced right? No one really wants these.

More than 100 dash buttons ever produced right? No one really wants these.
Yeah i dont know why these things even exist. Like do you really need a button to push so you can order more redbull and slim jims instantly? I guess a Mountain Dew and Doritios button would be good for the basement dwellers.

The idea is neat, but for items like that where you can just subscribe and save, I would prefer to do that. Dash button would be great for same day delivery items IMO.

For people with more dollars than cents?

I'd never buy something without knowing/agreeing to the price first.

The idea is neat, but for items like that where you can just subscribe and save, I would prefer to do that. Dash button would be great for same day delivery items IMO.
Yeah if not same day then the whole process is pointless. Who would order something like toilet paper or laundry detergent, then wait for it to come in when you can just drive to the store if you really need it.

My problem would be with price fluctuations. I had something in my cart triple in price overnight, even sold by Amazon.

We have a Dash button for Clorox Wet Wipes. When we start to get low on them we press the button and 2 days later we have more. You confirm the order via notification from your phone where you can verify the price. We got 5 bucks off our first order with it and the Dash button was 5 bucks. The price fluctuation is the primary concern that we had with it but to this point have seen no price swings on the product that we order.

I would purchase additional Dash buttons but they don't sell any other Brands or products we are interested in, or subscribe and save is not a better option for.

EDIT: I now see that they have added additional brands I am going to have to look into this again.

I has this same idea several years ago. I wish I would have done something about it.
I was going about it a slightly different way. My grandmother is 85, and still very mobile, but her bladder is weak. As with most older people, she wears Depends now. I thought how something like this could help retain some pride for those that use these products, especially those that aren't tech savvy, or are unwilling to learn to use the web. Family member sets it up, and granny just needs to push a button when she's running low. Boom.

A dash button for condoms? Guess someone needed that for when they needed to pull an all-nighter/all-weekender. :ROFLMAO:

A dash button for condoms? Guess someone needed that for when they needed to pull an all-nighter/all-weekender. :ROFLMAO:

Lol. Back in my unmarried days, especially when still a teen, I always took pride in picking them up. I'd find the hottest cashier, and hand them directly to her. I was an idiot haha

We have a Dash button for Clorox Wet Wipes. When we start to get low on them we press the button and 2 days later we have more. You confirm the order via notification from your phone where you can verify the price. We got 5 bucks off our first order with it and the Dash button was 5 bucks. The price fluctuation is the primary concern that we had with it but to this point have seen no price swings on the product that we order.

I would purchase additional Dash buttons but they don't sell any other Brands or products we are interested in, or subscribe and save is not a better option for.

EDIT: I now see that they have added additional brands I am going to have to look into this again.
Why not goto the store and buy it same day? Just seems like a waste of resources for them package it up, ship it out to you. When you can just drive to the store the same day and not add more waste to landfills or having more trucks on the road.

Why not goto the store and buy it same day? Just seems like a waste of resources for them package it up, ship it out to you. When you can just drive to the store the same day and not add more waste to landfills or having more trucks on the road.

What?

Why would I order anything online, I don't need the product the same day, if I did I would go out and buy it.

How is it a waste of resources, I would venture to guess that using Amazon for the delivery would be a negative carbon impact versus me driving to the store.

Its a waste of my resources to go to the store, I pay Amazon money so they will spend there pooled resources to offer me low cost and quick delivery.

The Amazon workers pack stuff up every day, and the trucks with the products will go out on route regardless if I order anything.

If your really concerned about waste in the landfill you should be more worried about the fact that I use Clorox wipes.

Why can't they just sell us a blank one, give us an inkjet template, and allow us to program an Amazon SKU using our Alexa app? Seems silly to limit it to just 100 items. This way, we can just buy multipacks and order our favorite snacks, clean briefs, and personal lubricants that haven't made it onto the list.

What?

Why would I order anything online, I don't need the product the same day, if I did I would go out and buy it.

How is it a waste of resources, I would venture to guess that using Amazon for the delivery would be a negative carbon impact versus me driving to the store.

Its a waste of my resources to go to the store, I pay Amazon money so they will spend there pooled resources to offer me low cost and quick delivery.

The Amazon workers pack stuff up every day, and the trucks with the products will go out on route regardless if I order anything.

If your really concerned about waste in the landfill you should be more worried about the fact that I use Clorox wipes.
Its a waste because you have a fedex/ups truck drive accross country just to deliver you some clorox wipes in a amazon box. Yeah they are already on a route but youre just adding to it because you dont want to drive to the store to buy Clorox wipes. The only way i see this thing being viable is if you lived in a city that has a amazon warehouse and they do the drone service, which isnt going to ever happen.

Its a waste because you have a fedex/ups truck drive accross country just to deliver you some clorox wipes in a amazon box. Yeah they are already on a route but youre just adding to it because you dont want to drive to the store to buy Clorox wipes. The only way i see this thing being viable is if you lived in a city that has a amazon warehouse and they do the drone service, which isnt going to ever happen.

Are trolling?
Do you understand how a distribution system works?

Amazon has 28 distribution centers, and the volume that they run allows them to offer low shipping and unit prices, me ordering Clorox wipes has little impact on their delivery process, let alone the route of the FedEx or USPS driver that handles the fulfillment.

For a 2 day delivery window generally what happens is Amazon releases the order to a shipper who transports packages to USPS 1 day, and USPS delivers the package the next day on the normal mail route.

If there not using USPS there using a carrier that has a daily route for that area.

Is me driving 15 miles round trip to Target for Clorox Wipes better or worse than the UPS person dropping them off when they already drive by my house daily?

Back