Amazon Has Expanded Prime Free Same and One-Day Service Areas

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Amazon announced they are expanding the cities and towns that can get Prime Free Same and One-Day service from 5,000 to 8,000 this holiday season. This is a huge expansion and it just shows that Amazon wants to get into as many pocket books as possible this year. You can check here to see if your zipcode has been added. Happy shopping!!

Amazon expanded Prime Free Same-Day Delivery and Prime Free One-Day Shipping – now available to members in more than 8,000 cities and towns.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That explains why something I ordered last Saturday arrived Sunday afternoon, even though I had not selected next day service. While nice, this alone would not convince me to get Prime; two day delivery is good enough for me.

Just noticed this on an order this morning...I live in a small town of 30k and if I had it shipped to my house it was free next day. If I had it shipped to work (just outside chicago) it was $5.99 next day..wuht?

I don't use prime, yet I still used to get free 2-day shipping with USPS almost every time I ordered something. Not 2-day shipping, just regular shipping that happened to get here in 2 days.

Now they either hold it at their facility for several days before they ship it, and/or only have carriers like UPS as an option which seem to take a week to deliver for some reason. Especially when they hold it at their facility, it really seems like they are just trying to make prime seem more attractive than it actually is. Instead i'm happy to just order from somewhere else and still use USPS and have it get here in 2 days without paying into a scam.

Back