Amazon Expanding Prime Same-Day Delivery

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amazon announced today that it is expanding its free same-day delivery for Prime members to eleven new metropolitan areas in the United States. To see if you are eligible, hit the link and type in your zip code. The expanded free same-day delivery program now includes Charlotte, Cincinnati, Fresno, Louisville, Milwaukee, Nashville, Central New Jersey, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, Stockton, and Tucson.

Great news!
Prime FREE Same-Day/One-Day Delivery is available for residential addresses in SNIP.

oh shit

oh shit, oh shit. my city is listed!!! this never happens. I bet i'll get fucked over on this when they say, "City of" and no the greater area of it.

Gee, surprise surprise. My city is not listed. They have an entity in my state, thus I get charged tax, yet NOTHING has EVER come from that site within my state. Shipments take almost two weeks. Freaking rip off... Worst. Shipper. Ever. I only ever order from them for certain rare reasons.

Wtf...Louisville? Lexington has two facilities, and they are mammoths.

I want a will-call window. Order my shit, and pick it up in an hour. That's what I really really want.

I'm getting disappointed in same day delivery. I've noticed lately that less items are available and then the delivery guy chucks it at my door around 9PM without ringing the doorbell.

I've had the same experience. I can understand the 8-9PM window though due to logistics of getting the order, getting it sorted through the warehouse and packaged etc.

What sucks is the limited selection as well as the minimum order amount.

My work address & parents house are in prime. It's great when I can drop ship them stuff & stop by after work to install it.

I'm 40 miles outside of Chicago, so nothing here :(

My work address & parents house are in prime. It's great when I can drop ship them stuff & stop by after work to install it.

I'm 40 miles outside of Chicago, so nothing here :(

I am a similar distance from downtown, but also a few miles from a massive, shiny new, Amazon warehouse. No Prime Same Day. :(

fuck the midwest right?

Oh, Amazon is making sure they are putting an entity in every state so they can charge sales tax... I'm sure a multi billion dollar tax break. The one in the state I live in has never sent anything to me, but yet they make sure they still charge sales tax... So, getting charged tax for absolutely no reason at all. It should be made that you only get charged tax if whatever you are purchasing is provided from within the same state. Government for ya... Rip off.

I don't know....their order by___ get it tomorrow seems accurate. tomorrow I look to check tracking, and sure enough, it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Then tomorrow. And tomorrow. Same day shipping seems to mean they put it in a box, toss it in a corner and hope the UPS guy will notice something sitting there.

I gotta say -- there have been a few times I needed some misc low dollar tech stuff, and amazon always comes through. With my weird night shift job, it's awesome that I can order shit here at work, I'll get home at 8am, and usually a few hours later it's sitting on my door step. I got my prime this year for 70 dollars I think (some promotion thing) I don't stream anything or do their music stuff, but I feel like I've made out like a bandit with the amount of stuff I've ordered and gotten free 2 day or free same day delivery (DFW, TX here)

I am a similar distance from downtown, but also a few miles from a massive, shiny new, Amazon warehouse. No Prime Same Day. :(
I'm 20 minutes south of a hugggge amazon warehouse yet no price same day for me :(

Back