Amazon.com rep. response

altarego

n00b
This is the response I received from Amazon.com asking if they would extend my return window past the 30-day limit until they had new motherboards available:

Hello,

I apologize for any trouble. I understand that the ASUS Motherboard chipset has been recalled by the the manufacturer and also the motherboard is working fine till now.

Because the item has been recalled by the manufacturer we'll accept the of the item which are returned after the return window has expired. If you do need to contact us in the future, here's a link to our e-mail form:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I can't seem to find any official, company-wide statement yet, but it seems as if they will be open to case-by-case requests at the very least. So, I guess I'll hold on to mine until I see them back in stock and just do an exchange. The great thing about Amazon is that they will automatically cross ship a new replacement if the original is 'defective'. And with Prime membership, that's free 2 day shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought my Intel DP67DE from ANTOnline through Amazon. I've sent an email through Amazon to ANTOnline to find out what their replacement policy will be. I'll be surprised if it's much different from what we've seen from other vendors (like newegg) and manufacturers (like Gigabyte).

I plan to keep mine until replacement, because all I've got in the SATA II ports is a rarely used DVD drive. I do plan to get the replacement, though, because I know I'll eventually want to put an SSD in there, and I've currently got two hard drives in the SATA III ports already.

ANTOnline is garbage, so you'd better demand a response before your current return policy is over. I will never do business with those unethical jerks again.

I order the R.A.T. 7 mouse from ANTonline before (also Antares Pro) and they sent me a R.A.T. 3 (100 dollar mouse vs 35 dollar mouse). Maybe they thought I wouldn't notice? But that was the first time I'd ever experienced something so ridiculous from an online retailer.

I've contacted Amazon three times about this recall and their response has been worthless. I don't think Amazon CSRs know about the recall or Amazon has no plan to handle it. The last email I got from them was their suggestion to call Intel support. That won't do shit. I wish I would've bought my board from Newegg.

This was their response to me:

Hello,

I'm sorry we cannot offer an exchange or a cross-ship you said like Newegg is doing.

You may return the item for a refund if you don't wish to keep it. And place a new order for the revised version when available with us.

You may also want to contact the manufacturer regarding the warranty offered for the product for you to receive appropriate refund.

So in other words, they're not going to do anything. Great, thanks Amazon!

This was their response to me:

Hello,

I'm sorry we cannot offer an exchange or a cross-ship you said like Newegg is doing.

You may return the item for a refund if you don't wish to keep it. And place a new order for the revised version when available with us.

You may also want to contact the manufacturer regarding the warranty offered for the product for you to receive appropriate refund.

So in other words, they're not going to do anything. Great, thanks Amazon!

Order a new one, and then return the defective? :confused:

Another response I've gotten from Amazon:

Hello,

In general, we issue a full refund when an item is returned in new condition as long as the carrier receives the returned package within 30 days of the day you received it from us.

If you return the item outside the posted return window, we'll issue you a partial refund as outlined in our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=15015711

Unfortunately, we don't offer an exchange program, but you're welcome to return the item. We'll issue a refund for your original order and you can place a new order for the new version once they become available. To return your Gigabyte Intel P67 Motherboard, please visit our Online Returns Center for a prepaid return mailing label and packing instructions:

http://www.amazon.com/returns/

That's bull! Seems like they want to charge me 20% restocking fee for the opened motherboard, if I want to return it after 30 days.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Order a new one, and then return the defective? :confused:

Same as a cross-ship, pretty much. As long as they'll extend the return period, things should be fine. Early days still - give them some time to craft a corporate response (as opposed to some randon CSRs response) and see what they come up with. I've had years of great service from Amazon, I don't expect that to change now.

Back