Am4 Itx Motherboard Shortage?

It seems like every itx motherboard Am4 sold out everywhere or at a premium price....the asus b40 on amazon is not available till july...any reason why the shortage?It cant be supply and demand since its been out for almost 4 years now

Nobu

Supreme [H]ardness
It seems like every itx motherboard Am4 sold out everywhere or at a premium price....the asus b40 on amazon is not available till july...any reason why the shortage?It cant be supply and demand since its been out for almost 4 years now
They've been in and out of stock, dunno why. I got my asrock board finally, had to wait a few weeks for it to come in stock. Well, could've got it sooner, but I was waiting for a better deal.

I think there may be fewer being made in anticipation of b550, and also lots of hobbiests due to quarantines.

Aspendancer

Weaksauce
Tell me about it. I saw the dwindling supply at the retailers and just decided to scrap plans for my new system. I do have the case and PSU but will just wait for the next gen intel/amd chips.

defaultluser

[H]F Junkie
Yeah, it;'s not just ITX boards - everything is picked-over.

Which is why it;s amaing me that Intel has the audacity rt to release a new socket in these troubling times - Once intial stock is sold, you're not going to find an LGA1200 in stock before September.