AM3 mATX Recommendation

ccatalan

n00b
recently purchased an amd x3 740be from newegg and was wondering which board for overclocking i should pair w/ it. was looking at the msi 890gxm, but seems like people been having problems with it, so looking for an alternative. i rly like gigabytes bios setup, so im partial to the, but im open to suggestions. ty

Last edited:
I would recommend Asus or Gigabyte... seems to be the best. Most people are having issue with O/Cing on the MATX boards or or any boards with poor poor phasing boards with the x6's. So you should be ok.

Well i ordered a msi 890gxm-g65 but my ups package was stolen sigh... Might just ask for a refund and order an asus m4a88td-m usb3. I cant find many reviews on the gigabyte 880gm-usb3

Stay away from the 890GXM-G65 Just burned one up after 10 days of use..... the mosfets on these boards are junk light oc on a 1055T Smoked the board, did not even adjust the vcore above stock....... I have seen the light I will stick with ASUS

Stay away from the 890GXM-G65 Just burned one up after 10 days of use..... the mosfets on these boards are junk light oc on a 1055T Smoked the board, did not even adjust the vcore above stock....... I have seen the light I will stick with ASUS

that boards completely fine with any processor except the X6's. so for him running an x3 740BE it wouldn't be an issue.

Back