AM2 Processor availability

Hito Bahadur

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2006
Hito Bahadur said:
Anyone bought and received an AM2 processor yet (from a retail source). I noticed that Monarch has them listed but they are notorious for taking a while to ship when they pre-order like this. Newegg just has two AM2 processors listed (both in stock): the Athlon 64 3800+ and the Sempron 3400+:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103631

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104313

No X2 AM2s yet to my knowledge.

I'm temped to buy 3800+ (AM2) and Asus's AM2 motherboard and have a little fun. I'm usually an Intel whore, but It has been awhile since I've gone AMD.

When will Athlon 3800+ processor be available as in 35w (in retail box)?

Good question. It has the chance of being a really good overclocker I think.

Yeah my wholesalers have a 2800 sempron, 3200 A64 and the 3500.

Ingram claims 2-3 week ship time...

Yeah, you can buy it. But will you actually have it in 1-3 days? Doubt it. I can list whatever I want...doesnt mean I actually have it.

EDIT: Oh its a 4400, blech I mean the 5000+ and the FX-62 mainly.

Rhitick said:
Yeah, you can buy it. But will you actually have it in 1-3 days? Doubt it. I can list whatever I want...doesnt mean I actually have it.

EDIT: Oh its a 4400, blech I mean the 5000+ and the FX-62 mainly.

Actually, with newegg, it will be there in 1-3 days if they show it as in stock. This is why I haven't considered the fact that Monarch has had it listed as a note of availability.

So has anybody seen anything other than the X2 4400+

I ordered an X2 4000+ from monarch, but they didn't actually have their processors. I really don't want to drop to a single core proccessor and I really don't' want to spend $500 either.

Hito Bahadur said:
Actually, with newegg, it will be there in 1-3 days if they show it as in stock. This is why I haven't considered the fact that Monarch has had it listed as a note of availability.

I almost bit on Monarch but as of yesterday they switched ETA to the 30th for the x2's. I'da been pissed if I bought that and it got the switcheroo. I held out though. I wanna see how the conroe fleshes out a bit, though I may get a new Mac tower and just build the AM2

Nasty_Savage said:
I almost bit on Monarch but as of yesterday they switched ETA to the 30th for the x2's. I'da been pissed if I bought that and it got the switcheroo. I held out though. I wanna see how the conroe fleshes out a bit, though I may get a new Mac tower and just build the AM2

Yup I'm pissed.

Newegg now lists the 4200 / 4400 / 4600 x2s, all marked "in stock". I've not emailed to actually confirm that they're in-stock, however.

Considering they have just been listed, I am sure they are in-stock, at least until they are all bought.

4400+ just went out of stock. It lasted for a couple of days though, which I'll take a sign....I just can't read the sign.

Somone know of any stores which has the FX-62 in stock?

has anyone seen a low-wattage x2 yet? Specifically the X2-4000+ at 65W?

i never claimed they were the low watt ones.. i was simply showing am2 X2 avail for purchase now

I was fully aware that the low wattage ones were not there.

oh, the fact that you posted that they're 89w and right after they were talking about the low wattage ones...... oh well. sorry :p

newegg has had those two cpus in stock for a couple days now iirc ;)

I read from a retailer website (ncix.com) that amd's new energy efficiency processor (35w ) won't be sold in any store. They are OEM only like sempron s939.

I was waiting for EE version fo 3800+ dual core.

$1400 bucks for FX-62 . Isn't that a rather large amount of money for a Cpu that won't O/C much? Just curious guys man that seems really high priced

yes it is a bit expensive.. newegg is also price gouging, I coulda sworn the FX-62 was supposed to be priced around 1000-1100.. the first day the X2's came out on newegg they were charging 399$ for the 4200+, I bought it on Zip Zoom Fly for $368-9.

Back