AM2 Memory Compatability List

I figured we should start a list of compatible DDR2 brands/speeds and AM2 motherboards, since several people in the AM2 club thread are having issues. So, post here if you have issues or solutions.

So far we know that some types of OCZ ram (like Gold DDRII 6400) don't work in MSI motherboards.

I've just built a rig with the Biostar tForce 550 nforce 550 mobo, I'm waiting for my 2x1GB Crucial DDRII 533 to come in the mail. I'll let you know how that works out, it appears that the RAM is 1.8V but the BIOS only has options for 1.95-2.3V or so. Do the "Intel platform only" modules listed on Newegg have different voltages? How does voltage affect compatability?

Hopefully we can figure out what kinds of DDRII 667/800 play nice with AM2 so that when prices drop over the next few months we can get the most out of our mobos.

The ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe and M2N32 SLI Deluxe boards should be fine with Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800, or Velocity Micro didn't test it before they began taking orders.

Some G.Skill RAM in retails channels didn't POST properly until sent in for SPD reprogramming.

In my case, the Foxconn 590SLI board wouldn't POST with a 2x1GB G.Skill F2-6400PHY2-2GBHZ set of memory purchased from Newegg around June 7th.

After sending it in for reprogramming, I'm running 900mhz 4-4-4-12 no problem. Their tech said it ran 1000mhz 4-4-4-12 for him in the Asus 590SLI board. (My dividers aren't working out to get it up to that speed...)

I'm not sure if you can contact G.Skill's U.S. technician to get a status on which vendors are currently stocking the properly programmed RAM.

Back