- Joined
- Feb 6, 2013
- Messages
- 803
Hello all. I am new to this forum, but have always trusted this site and its contributors for reviews and guides. I enjoy building my own pc's and usually do a new build every two years. I recently built a socket 2011 system based around the Rampage 4 extreme. The literature said that I could use my old 1366 cooler so I thought "cool I can keep my True 120 extreme." I plan on water cooling this system( it will be my first try at this) so the True 120 is only a short term solution. I saved some bucks, in other words, to spend on a pump or radiator. I started to build the system and when I went to change the bracket out for the 1366 adaptation it looked like it would not fit my True 120 rev c. It did, however apear to have the correct spacing to fit it already in place. I tried it without changing the bracket and sure enough it fit just fine. On the bottom right hand side of the cpu socket the revision c bracket does press against the release lever but I was careful not to tighten down so hard it damaged it. Curious as to why I would be able to fit my socket 1366 cooler without changing the bracket I searched the web and found a video on youtube. In the video the "expert" said that indeed the Rampage 4 had the same spacings as 1366 but the screw holes were a different size so I would have to change the bracket out. Well my True is screwed in place as we speak, and I dont remember having to force them. Seemed to fit just fine. Temps are 29 to 32 at idle, 55 to 60 under prime 95 torture.
My question is this. Am I heading for some unforseen disaster? Am I being silly worrying about this and should just be glad the thing screwed on? Has anyone else found that the True extreme 120 will fit this board?
Thx in advance for easing my mind.
My question is this. Am I heading for some unforseen disaster? Am I being silly worrying about this and should just be glad the thing screwed on? Has anyone else found that the True extreme 120 will fit this board?
Thx in advance for easing my mind.