• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Am I the only one..

sanitystealer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
230
That is disappointed with the lack of support for different sized monitors in surround?

I feel like, for peripheral vision purposes, LLL is too wide, and PPP is too similar to just having a 40" tv in front of me.

I think that a 30" in landscape and 2 20"ers in portrait (or something similar) would be absolutely peachy.

Given, I have no idea how much extra work a feature like this would take. I just think it would be awesome.

Anyone share my sentiment? Anyone want to explain why this would be difficult (or easy) to implement? Anyone have any word of possible implementation?
 
That is disappointed with the lack of support for different sized monitors in surround?

I feel like, for peripheral vision purposes, LLL is too wide, and PPP is too similar to just having a 40" tv in front of me.

I think that a 30" in landscape and 2 20"ers in portrait (or something similar) would be absolutely peachy.

Given, I have no idea how much extra work a feature like this would take. I just think it would be awesome.

Anyone share my sentiment? Anyone want to explain why this would be difficult (or easy) to implement? Anyone have any word of possible implementation?

I agree with you, thats why I am going with two 1080p projectors with my eyefinity gaming!
 
i think the reason why is you cant render a single image with resolutions that are off like that as you would end up with your center screen being 1200 pixels high & the outside ones being 1920 (as an example). Where eyefinity/surround renders a single image with the full width & height.. I imagine that it could be done, but then you wouldn't be running those outside monitors in prime & then would look like crap anyway
 
This topic has been beaten to death, looks like support for LPL or PLP is just way to complex to implement and ain't going to happen. Don't expect it anytime soon.
 
It really isn't that complex, it's just that eyefinity was done at a hardware level, meaning that it simply just divides the image in 3 (or however many out puts) in equal amounts and sends it to it's respective monitors. What we need there is a way to outline just where and how to do the cuts. SoftTH does it, but it's at a software level, therefore more flexible. Theoretically, nVidia could do it, even with current hardware, since it's a software based solution. On top of that, we should be able to use any number amount of displays that our hardware supports.

I mean the inflexibility of these technologies boggles the mind.

Notable Combinations
1600x1200 + 1920x1200 + 1600x1200
1200x1600 + 2560x1600 + 1200x1600
0900x1440 + 2560x1440 + 0900x1440
1080x1440 + 2560x1440 + 1080x1440
 
i think the reason why is you cant render a single image with resolutions that are off like that as you would end up with your center screen being 1200 pixels high & the outside ones being 1920 (as an example). Where eyefinity/surround renders a single image with the full width & height.. I imagine that it could be done, but then you wouldn't be running those outside monitors in prime & then would look like crap anyway

I think you misunderstood, a 30" screen is 2560x1600, two 20's rotated would be 1050x1600. The screen height would be the same. I don't see why it can't be done, but maybe rotating the image for on the 20" is to hard for it do, I don't know.
 
Back
Top