Am I the only one who gets a chubby when..

joemama

[H]F Junkie
I see a review for a 6800 GT pci-express and notice the little Sli connector at the top of the card? The lower end pci-e cards don't excite me but something like this could cause me to severly damage my credit card with an all around system upgrade. :eek:

i would advise waiting until 512 MB versions come out in the next refresh. then you can say that you have 1 GB of texture memory.

Jerry1978 said:
i would advise waiting until 512 MB versions come out in the next refresh. then you can say that you have 1 GB of texture memory.

You're off by more than a few apples.

Yeah, you're probably right unless the price for two 512mb cards is outrageous. The thought of 2 GT's in a raid array makes my pants moist. :( :eek:

KarmaPolice said:
am I dumb for buying a 6800GT now then?
Not really...It may be a while before these cards hit retail, not to mention the motherboards with dual 16x pci-e slots.

Don't expect the NF4 Ultra SLI to hit retail until Dec at the earliest. I think early 2005 is a more realistic figure. Who knows, you might just SLI 2 6900GTs.

The Batman said:
Don't expect the NF4 Ultra SLI to hit retail until Dec at the earliest. I think early 2005 is a more realistic figure. Who knows, you might just SLI 2 6900GTs.

God damnit, now I have to go change my pants again.

Roach said:
God damnit, now I have to go change my pants again.

time for depends maybe?

i think ti would be more realistic go sli some 6800's because a dual 6900 would be like 1k alone. Then maybe a single 6900 would outprform the dual 6800's,

Acording to an article on anandtech the NF4 will be available in around October/November (but it won't be called nForce4) Also it does not have dual x16 lanes it has either one 16 or dual 8x (still faster than agp 8x I think) Depending on you GFX card stup.

Can't wait.

M1dknight said:
Acording to an article on anandtech the NF4 will be available in around October/November (but it won't be called nForce4) Also it does not have dual x16 lanes it has either one 16 or dual 8x (still faster than agp 8x I think) Depending on you GFX card stup.

Can't wait.

Anandtech said:
Finally, the SLI version of CK8-04 ties everything together with an additional switching PEG solution. Even though the CK8-04 only supports 20 PCIe lanes, NVIDIA's elegant graphic solution runs 16 lanes into what appears to be a separate switching bridge chip. This bridge can be electrically configured to either run all 16 lanes to one PEG interface, or 8 lanes to two PEG interfaces. Remember, PCIe supports 250MBps per lane, so as long as the video card can electrically support itself on 8 lanes, the theoretical 2GBps (full duplex) per video card of a dual x8 configuration is more than enough for upcoming video card solutions for many revisions to come. Current 8X AGP solutions run at 2.1GBps (half duplex) video bandwidth without coming in reach of taxing out the bus.

I was reading an article in MaximumPC today and it looks like Tumwater (Intel's PCI-E SLI mobo) will have 24 high-speed lanes and one card will run in x16 while the other x8. The current Alderwood 925x chipset has just 16 high-speed PCI-E lanes to the Northbridge.

yeah, but it's basically just a different way to connect your video card to your mobo. the performance was hardly any different than through AGP.

Jerry1978 said:

no you'd still have 512mb

Jerry1978 said:

You can say it..but you would be

wrong!

joemama said:
I see a review for a 6800 GT pci-express and notice the little Sli connector at the top of the card? The lower end pci-e cards don't excite me but something like this could cause me to severly damage my credit card with an all around system upgrade. :eek:

i must yes i don't get chubby's from silicon (silicone on the other hand :D )

and side note i agree with theel .. 512 meg GDDR-3 cards would cost way too much i SERIOUSLY Doubt we will see those until next year sometime.. currently that would add like 200+ dollars to an already expansive card . Also there is no point in having 512 meg cards .. 256 meg isn't even being used fully so why spent the time manufacturing 512 meg versions for games that don't even use 128 megs of 256 meg cards?? i think not

Back