Am I the only one sitting BF3 out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get it for the console....you dont have to upgrade the console to play...

Did i just recommend a console game over pc?....shoot me now

Love the OP's edit. :) Really catches the essence of people on this forum being rude and jumping to conclusions.

I had planned on sitting out the game for a number of reasons. I inevitably bought it for a deeply discounted (gift card) price but I'm already starting to grow bored with it. The Single Player is horrendous, and the multiplayer maps have the replay value of Pong. Everyone I game with is beginning to grow tired of the design decisions of DICE and the rampant bugs (terrible squad system, lag, Battlelog, lag, crashing, lag, tiny maps, and lag). We end up spending about half the evening trying to find a decent server... which crashes shortly after joining.

OP made the right decision, especially considering his reservations.

Haven't read this whole thread but I just have to say that I really feel that for the most part BF3 has excellent gameplay and is very impressive technically.

A couple maps are bad on certain game modes but overall I think the map design is good. Gameplay is balanced and very fun. I find myself playing much longer than I did with BC2 so far. Combat so far seems to be decided more often by tactics than twitch.

We have no problem with you sitting it out, there are enough retards playing the game as is.

It helps my kd. I need people who are worse then me at this game for points.

I do crash maybe after 3 game plays that isn't bad. I am used to battle log now. I barely lag anymore as I have found proper servers to play on. Be it they have the proper setup to run one or it's closer to where I live. Clicking north America in the filter helps a lot.

Why is it stupid to choose not to use Origin, I don't understand that. That's a personal choice, calling someone stupid for exercising their choice not to use it is pretty unwarranted.

Who are you and what did you do with Fail? :eek: :p

I passed on BF3. Been playing Dark Souls which so far is my game of the year.

buyers remorse.

so many mechanics that are so wrong with the game.

but what is worse is the the community. The community for this game is the worse i've EVER seen in my life. Sorry but i'll continue sticking with playing with my fellow Japanese and Korean gamers.

EDIT:

I'm not saying they are better, but you know whats nice about playing with asians as opposed to americans?

Not hearing:

f*g
N***er
UMAD?
n00b
QQ moar

'my opinion means more because mommy said so'

Not having to deal with this in game:

Uncap spawn killing/baseraping
tking
admin power abuse (getting kicked from a game because you kicked the admins ass)
TKing for vehicles
TKing for your kit
TKing for having a good sniper spot that someone else wants
RPGing infantry for kills
Zero teamwork
k/d whoring

etc etc

i can go on all day about this 'VIRUS' taking over the western gaming community. Heaven forbid the community find out your aren't part of the self-proclaimed 'White skin master race' group, then you're really fucked.

Last edited:
I too pretty much buy a game based on whether it's fun or not. Besides, supporting a badass PC version of a game is probably more important to me than what the "EA is evil" crowd is ranting on, if I really wanted to make buying games a moral decision!

If we're just talking about having the hardware to run the game, it flexing PCs with big cajones is a PRO, to many. So not sure where to go from there. It's either your cup of tea, worth upgrading for, or it's not. Nothing insane about it, but quite a few here had the hardware to run it pretty dang well, and most of the time the hardware just sits around laughing or being bored.

I am still playing Deus Ex HR, so I am not in a hurry, also I kind of wanted to go thru Steam, brand loyalty and all...on the other hand with Rage waiting in the wings, and Batman and Skyrim close behind BF3 might just get lost in the shuffle.

Last edited:
For me, one of the fun thing about multiplayer shooters like BF3 is playing with random people, while the community is still very active. When you play with different random people, every game is different.

I'm not the kind of gamer who make myself miserable by wanting impressive stats. I don't care about kill death ratio, I don't care how many games I win, I just want to be playing be, be in game and doing something.

So for me its best to play now while there's still a large community out there. Once all that's left is just a bunch of elitist, that's when I'll stop playing.

Not only am I not sitting it out, but I bought a copy for both my PC and PS3 and have been happily playing both since release.

Pass unless they can release a version that doesn't require origin, store bought or steam, not really bothered which, but I'm not installing origin, I don't want more than 1 digital distribution platform installed on my system.

I'm definitely not getting it. I tried the beta and seen a buddy play BF2 and its just not my game type. I don't know why, but I am more into the Cod series.

I preordered the game and am too lazy to figure out how to cancel on Origin. I thought the demo sucked and after seeing that, I was turned off and definitely not bought it on day one. However, I got the full game day one and tried it and surprisingly, most the annoying bugs were fixed and all the other maps were 10x better than Operation Metro.

You're not the only one.

Just bought a home and so furniture and stuff comes first. Planning on building a computer. I do have a decent laptop to play but I prefer an awesome computer to play BF3 in all it's glory.

I'm shooting to get my new build up and ready to play BF3 by December :(

Why is it stupid to choose not to use Origin, I don't understand that. That's a personal choice, calling someone stupid for exercising their choice not to use it is pretty unwarranted.

If people are happy with Steam as a service, leave them alone.

It's more the stupidity of people refusing to one DD service on the grounds that it is unnecessary DRM bloat, and then going on about how they would buy the game if it was available on some identical software from a different publisher. The unconditional Steam loyalty is moronic. I get preferring X over Y, but refusing to ever try or consider Y because X got there first and holds some special place in your heart despite just being some DRM nonsense is baffling to me.

Sitting it out (for now at least) like the OP. I barely play CSS with a crowd of people that I know. I feel bad as is only playing an hour or so a week.so other commitments for now are preventing me.

Sitting it out, but not because of any of the whine fest reasons that seem to be norm on these boards.

Just no time.

It's more the stupidity of people refusing to one DD service on the grounds that it is unnecessary DRM bloat, and then going on about how they would buy the game if it was available on some identical software from a different publisher. The unconditional Steam loyalty is moronic. I get preferring X over Y, but refusing to ever try or consider Y because X got there first and holds some special place in your heart despite just being some DRM nonsense is baffling to me.

Who's saying this?

buyers remorse.

so many mechanics that are so wrong with the game.

but what is worse is the the community. The community for this game is the worse i've EVER seen in my life. Sorry but i'll continue sticking with playing with my fellow Japanese and Korean gamers.

EDIT:

I'm not saying they are better, but you know whats nice about playing with asians as opposed to americans?

Not hearing:

f*g
N***er
UMAD?
n00b
QQ moar

'my opinion means more because mommy said so'

Not having to deal with this in game:

Uncap spawn killing/baseraping
tking
admin power abuse (getting kicked from a game because you kicked the admins ass)
TKing for vehicles
TKing for your kit
TKing for having a good sniper spot that someone else wants
RPGing infantry for kills
Zero teamwork
k/d whoring

etc etc

i can go on all day about this 'VIRUS' taking over the western gaming community. Heaven forbid the community find out your aren't part of the self-proclaimed 'White skin master race' group, then you're really fucked.

:confused:

I have not found a single server like this yet. Perhaps if you find a proper gaming community that has their own servers you will not have this issue. There is plenty of those around.

:confused:

I have not found a single server like this yet. Perhaps if you find a proper gaming community that has their own servers you will not have this issue. There is plenty of those around.

Yeah I dont know what he's talking about, as far as I can tell you cant even TK in BF3. There are also like 1000x places to snipe, so I cant imagine someone singling out you and trying to "steal" your spot. I mean, wouldnt you just steal it back?

You can TK depending on how the server is set. Like most hard core servers are TK enabled. I never have come across people TKing everyone on the team. A few accidental kills will of course happen during the match.

True about the sniping. There is plenty of areas you can get use to snipe.

I couldn't really tell if he was being serious with the whole "white skin master race" part. Troll? Probably.

Played the beta on PC. Think I'll get it for my 360 used or something. PC is tied up by the Mrs. most of the time with homework :( (grad school). Thinking of getting a Xim or those thumb stick extenders for the control. I suck at FPS on console. :eek:

I passed on BF3. Been playing Dark Souls which so far is my game of the year.

I gave Dark Souls a shot... artistically it just seemed very uninspired to me. Does that drab dull design get any better later in the game?

I had a similar rig to yours, and I now play at 19x12, ultra & high everything using a Q9550 ($150) and a 6950 2Gb ($275) replacing my old E8400 / 4870X2. If you have that cash to spare, I would say do it. This is the best online shooter I've ever played, and I've been doing them since I ran Q1 LAN at my Uni back in Dec of 1996 (or there abouts). So much fun.

Last edited:
I'm passing on it as well, for a few reasons. While I am sure that the game itself is fun, my tastes in gaming have changed (matured, if you will) and I no longer find myself interested in the type of gameplay BF3 offers as much as I used to be.

This, in and of itself is not a reason to strike the game from my list. However, without any possibility of modding it, there's no chance that a team of talented modders can take the game and turn it into something I'd really enjoy. I simply don't trust DICE or EA to push the type of gameplay I want. They're going to push it in the direction of mass market appeal - after all, that's where the money is.

I'll continue to enjoy my Darkest Hour, Men of War and other niche games which have the depth that I've come to look for in a game. Not to mention the community. :) Even despite not liking the direction they've gone with the game, or the fact that they're forcing me to use yet another DD platform, it still might have been on my radar.

Again though, knowing I won't see the likes of such greats as Project Reality, or Forgotten Hope, my desire to purchase this game dropped faster than a whores' drawers.

With as fast as BC2 dropped in price, I figure I'll wait 6 months and pick it up for $10 or something. I'm not really into the whole MP bit anyway, and I'm not about to pay $60 for a poorly reviewed, extremely short campaign.

BF3 continues to impress me day by day.. Not many games out there offer "Battlefield Moments" which make me stop and go: "Wow, did that just happen? AWESOME!"

Probably first game i've boughten at full price in 5 years, totally worth it.

Yup with all of the complaints and "glitches" that everyone seems to be ignoring, I'm waiting for a patch a price drop. Maybe by the end of the year, but I'm not holding my breath for things to be improved.

I've played a few hundred hours of both BF2 and BC2, plus many times that in CS, and get very competitive. All of the little issues in BC2 eventually pissed me off too much and I quit. I don't want to have to deal with that shit again, so I'll wait for a patch first and monitor the complaints.

Plus logitech discontinue my wire Trackman Wheel, which just broke. So no gaming until I get a replacement, because Real men play with balls.

you're the only one not playing that bothered to make a thread and get some attention.

im not playing because i dont have a desktop atm but i would if i could

You do realise we're talking about a video game here? Those things where after installation, they revolve around instant gratification after instant gratification?
The purpose of the game doesn't take away from which game you chose. How you can even attempt to argue differently is beyond me.

I really dont understand how people can harp on about principles and standards when it comes to video games. They're a form of entertainment. If you dont find it entertaining, you're doing it wrong.
You are confused. No one says that BF3 isn't entertaining. What some are saying is that they chose to forgo the entertainment BF3 would provide them solely because they don't want to give EA money.

The choice those consumers made is to reject a product not because of the attributes of the product but because of the behavior of the company who makes the product.

If you want to go on your own little crusade for video games, go right ahead, that's your choice in this wonderfully free western world that we live in, dont expect anyone significant to care or even agree with you though.
I don't require your approval of the choices I made, nor do I care what you do. What I know is that in my mind I did the right thing by not giving EA money, and that's all that matters to me.

Honestly, us gamers shouldn't even care about the business end of the company, we should only have to worry about if the product is good or not because at the end of the day, all they are is a entertainment company, they aren't going to take over the world or anything that is going to significantly affect my life/yours and well being.
I am pretty sure that EA shutting down studios because they were while profitable not profitable enough does in a small way affect my life because I was deprived of what might have otherwise been great games.

Regardless, it's your choice to look at the product in an isolated vacuum much like it is the choice of others to look at all aspects of a product, where it comes from, and by whom it's made.

My choice is to no longer buy EA products because I don't agree with how they run their business. There isn't much a single customer can do to affect how companies operate short of buying the majority stake of shares, but not giving them my money is something I can do.

This thread is about who's sitting BF3 out and why, so there you have it.

This thread is about who's sitting BF3 out and why, so there you have it.

Supposedly, but I am reading more people coming in here and sharing with us how much they're enjoying it and how great it is, instead of taking that to one of the other hundred threads about BF3 on these forums alone.

It'll be interesting to see what people say about the game after all the hype and initial fanaticism dies down.

BF3 continues to impress me day by day.. Not many games out there offer "Battlefield Moments" which make me stop and go: "Wow, did that just happen? AWESOME!"

this, so many times...this!

I don't think a day has gone by where this game didn't wow me in some way. I'm 100% happy with it, and have ZERO regrets in buying it or the small fortune in hardware I've spent just to run it. I've played BF games since 1942, and to me this one impresses me the most. Sure, there is that small annoyance that any nitpicky can find, but to me this game is as about as good as I would expect, and I had high expectations.

I'm sitting it out because of EA's policy of suspending users access to their purchased products if they get suspended from a forum (contrary to what they said after the DA2 incident, it is STILL happening). That and I refuse to support EA's "quality assurance" (or lack thereof) when it comes to testing their patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back