Am I the only one dumb enough to install windows 11 already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sappyse107

Limp Gawd
Downloaded BOINC and its doing this to me. Folding seems to be down a bit but its too early to tell. Told it 50% cpu for the BOINC usage though but any % does it. Updated and downloaded the new AMD drivers so is this something else or is it new for windows 11?

Attachments

• BOINC.jpg
    BOINC.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
Ok, well....thats what I get for not doing this for a while. 50% cpus at 50% cpu time = sawblade CPU time. Set the latter to 100% and its steady:D

Thanks for testing it out for the rest of us! :p

Yeah it is probably the task manager actually reporting it properly ..... I don't recommend using the % of time as some apps don't like that so well. You would be better off changing to 50% of CPU's if you do that. This way, you will complete your work units twice as fast using the same amount of CPU time. However, you don't have the added problems that stopping and starting the apps multiple times over 10 seconds can cause. Less interruptions are Waaaaaay better. If you are fine running the CPU's 100% and 100% of the time, then that is great. But if you are tweaking the CPU time, I highly recommend switching to just limiting the CPU's used instead.

Yeah it is probably the task manager actually reporting it properly ..... I don't recommend using the % of time as some apps don't like that so well. You would be better off changing to 50% of CPU's if you do that. This way, you will complete your work units twice as fast using the same amount of CPU time. However, you don't have the added problems that stopping and starting the apps multiple times over 10 seconds can cause. Less interruptions are Waaaaaay better. If you are fine running the CPU's 100% and 100% of the time, then that is great. But if you are tweaking the CPU time, I highly recommend switching to just limiting the CPU's used instead.
I was trying to get half the CPU to work 100% but didn't understand what I was looking at until I slowed down and
50% of the CPU at 100% of the time was what I was trying for but wasn't paying attention to what I was saying 50% to. Its working perfect now:D

I was trying to get half the CPU to work 100% but didn't understand what I was looking at until I slowed down and

50% of the CPU at 100% of the time was what I was trying for but wasn't paying attention to what I was saying 50% to. Its working perfect now:D
Glad you got it figured out. I've also been told that running 50% of cores is better for heat dispersion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back