• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Am i severely boned??? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthscore

Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
542
My friend gave me a key to a product, i dl the trial, enter the key, my comp reboots and at startup i see this:

teh5ko.jpg
 
Uninstall it or BUY a key. Some advise.....you were "boned" when you put anything by PGWARE on your computer.
 
Don't know how bad a company they are, but their products are just worthless. They don't do anything that a person with some computer knowlege can't do themselves.

As for following up on their claim....why chance it? If you like the product, BUY IT.
 
I've heard reviews it doesn't do shit, and some that it was good, and i wanted to end it so i tried it.... =/

Plus they dont ship to canada and they r in the Us


WAIT! can someone in the US sue someone in canada?
 
they won't do any shit, its just a big mumbo jumbo.
but if your chickend, just uninstall it or find some other crack/serial for it
 
Santasballz said:
they won't do any shit, its just a big mumbo jumbo.
but if your chickend, just uninstall it or find some other crack/serial for it

Or...hmmm...I don't know....MAYBE BUY IT!
:rolleyes:
 
earthscore said:
I've heard reviews it doesn't do shit, and some that it was good, and i wanted to end it so i tried it.... =/

Plus they dont ship to canada and they r in the Us


WAIT! can someone in the US sue someone in canada?


Uh.. there's a trial version there for that reason. :rolleyes: I don't think they'd like that excuse.

Oh and by the way, I believe investigations into piracy are only filed when the offender has ludicrous amounts of stolen software.

Does anyone know about that? I read it somewhere. This can't be far from the truth, who hears about people being sued by software companies for having a pirate version of software on their machine?

I've only ever heard of huge internet pirates being sued; it's those people who do the most damage.
 
Santasballz said:
yes, that would be an option too if u got cash to burn :rolleyes:


Or if you want to NOT STEAL THINGS. :rolleyes: Good heck little boy, grow up.
 
tommo said:
Uh.. there's a trial version there for that reason. :rolleyes: I don't think they'd like that excuse.

Oh and by the way, I believe investigations into piracy are only filed when the offender has ludicrous amounts of stolen software.

Does anyone know about that? I read it somewhere. This can't be far from the truth, who hears about people being sued by software companies for having a pirate version of software on their machine?

I've only ever heard of huge internet pirates being sued; it's those people who do the most damage.

Didn't the RIAA sue someone with just over 30 songs ( yes, songs...not gigs) on their computer? 30 songs is just 3 cds, not much at all.

Besides, it doesn't matter if they only went after people with 1billion terabytes of stolen software....it is still stealing.
 
own3d :D


This would be why you run a software firewall. I would pay them, not that they file in US corts then you have to go to the US, get sued, ect. Just pay. Send it to a friend inside the US.
 
Tiny said:
Didn't the RIAA sue someone with just over 30 songs ( yes, songs...not gigs) on their computer? 30 songs is just 3 cds, not much at all.

Besides, it doesn't matter if they only went after people with 1billion terabytes of stolen software....it is still stealing.

Sorry, I meant in regards to software piracy.
 
True, they tend to only go after the big runners, but the last line still applies....it is stealing.
 
GJSNeptune said:
Perhaps you Canadians have a different use for 'boned.'

I don't know, the American definition of 'boned' really seems like it could apply here. ;)
 
earthscore said:
Yeah, as in.. I'm screwed.
LOL! same fucking thing

(I used fucking on purpose)

I really think thats more spyware than anything, did you run Adaware and Spybot search and destroy?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top