• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Am I running 1:1?

00ber_m00

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
446
I have an e6600 on a P5b vanilla board. I am overclocking it. I can set the CPU frequency from 100 to 400. I can only set my DRAM frequency to 533, 667, 800, 889, and 1067.

I have the CPU frequency set at 300. My DRAM frequency is set at 533.

According to CPU-Z my FSB:DRAM ratio is 1:1. Shouldn't it be something else? I was under the impression that that to have a 1:1 ratio you needed your DRAM to be double your CPU frequency for a conroe processor. Maybe I'm confused about something and the DRAM frequency should always be 533 for this processor? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
 
00ber_m00 said:
I have an e6600 on a P5b vanilla board. I am overclocking it. I can set the CPU frequency from 100 to 400. I can only set my DRAM frequency to 533, 667, 800, 889, and 1067.

I have the CPU frequency set at 300. My DRAM frequency is set at 533.

According to CPU-Z my FSB:DRAM ratio is 1:1. Shouldn't it be something else? I was under the impression that that to have a 1:1 ratio you needed your DRAM to be double your CPU frequency for a conroe processor. Maybe I'm confused about something and the DRAM frequency should always be 533 for this processor? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Run Sandra?

533MHz X 2 for the RAM is 1:1 since the FSB is 1066. Now even if you overclock to 300, the RAM is just showing where you started from. Or this may not show it's overclocked Speed of now 600MHz or you have the RAM locked at 533 some how.
 
Back
Top