Am I pushing my 680 too much?

murkris118

Limp Gawd
Alright so I thought I would get some suggestions before I run this 24x7. Here are my EVGA OC test screenshots. As you can see the GPU is pulling 1.175V from the wall but the max temp I have seen is 66 degrees after a 10 min run. My card is clocked at 1346 Mhz core and 3416 Mhz Memory. My question is am I pushing my card too much to the point that I will fry it eventually?. I get amazing results by the way with these overclocks in games and benchmarks though!. In 3d mark 11 I scored nearly 12500 graphics points, a bit less than two stock 7970`s in crossfire!. Is this setup ok to run if I dont see any crashing or artifacting in games or do I have to knock down the clock speed a bit to be safe?. I am not overvolting or anything of that sort to get this speed but just increasing the clocks by the way.

dp3jfiet4q8mfev5q2wr.png

You're worried about 66C? Really?

Thread sounds more like a bragging attempt than needing actual help...any 5 second Google search would show that 66C is no where near the danger zone or even worry zone with this card. :rolleyes:

Yeah your fine, 70 and above the card will start to throttle itself...nice clocks by the way! ive got my 670 sitting at 1358 under an antec 620 cooler, only hits 50 and is dead silent...

Now is this game stable tested? Heaven and BF3 are pretty good ones to test it on, oh and get that damn processor overclocked, 4.5GHz is easy as pie, anything above you have to usually work for

Thread sounds more like a bragging attempt than needing actual help...any 5 second Google search would show that 66C is no where near the danger zone or even worry zone with this card. :rolleyes:

+1 to this. Close the thread.

I sort of agree especially after looking at his sig where it says: "ASUS GTX 680 Direct CUII Top @ 1.32Ghz Core / 7Ghz Memory @ Stock Voltage!"

I am not bragging about anything nor do I have to FYI. I am new to overclocking and the whole gaming rig scenario, this is the first time I have built a high end machine and I do not want my money go in flames by experimenting so anybody who is not willing to help can piss off, dont even bother entering this thread..

Back