• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Am I folding?

Shakezilla

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,490
Allright I figured I would start folding(someone said something about a cure I dont know what iuts about I figure all the cool people fold so I might as well too)
I downloaded the no nonsense console version and made my name team 33 and when it asked team I answered 33. And now the dos thingy is doing stuff. :rolleyes:

I am so clueless lol I was just looking for the antivirus thread and got distracted lol
 
You are folding, but make sure you change your username to something other than team33, just leave your team number at 33. To change it, close the window and rerun it with -config in the shortcut (ie. fah502-console.exe -config). To see if your username is open go to http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html and check.

Also, set it to run as a service so you don't have the crazy dos window.

Hope that helps.

Great to have you aboard! Now get all your friends to do what you just did.

 
When you run that -config it will ask if you want to have it start automaticly, say yes, then when you restart you'll see 2 processes in your Windows Processes list. fah502-console.exe and fahCore_XX.exe. If you see those you know your folding. To monitor your progress grab EMIII from em-dc.com. It'll let you see when your WU will get done and how many points it's worth, as well as monitor all boxen on your network. Hope that helps.

 
So where can I go to check out my points or w/e?

I plan to borg my parents comp when I come home for the weekend(with permission sorta)

And my buddy Ill make him fold since I pretty much built him his ocmputer(exact same thing as me)

So thats 4ghz of AMD for you guys and 2.66ghz of intel :)
 
Once you've finished your first work unit, go here. Type in the name you're folding under in the "Member Search" box, and it should come up with a link to your stats.
 
Normally you need to give 6 to 12 hours from when your first WU is turned in. Best guess would be tomorrow morning and you should be set. :D

 
ok cool, Tonite Ill prob get my friend to start folding(hopefully under my name) in two weekends I should get my parents comp at home.

We cannt let the Aussies beat us, that offends my morals :D
 
Shakezilla said:
ok cool, Tonite Ill prob get my friend to start folding(hopefully under my name) in two weekends I should get my parents comp at home.

We cannt let the Aussies beat us, that offends my morals :D

You know what, you're an ok guy Shakezilla. I don't care what Mary says.

And, those are GOOD morals to rest on BTW.

 
Ya, my buddy just got folding and a few updates have passed and he's not showing on HF.com or Stanford. Not sure how long it takes for a new user. I've heard at least 6 hours.

 
Shakezilla said:
I still dont see me when I search on that site... :(

Hmm...I can't find you on there either. Have you completed any work units yet? I'd also double check your user name and team number in your FAHlog.txt file.
 
It looks like it just took a little bit longer than normal, as your page is now showing up. :D

Here it is, http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=38&tm=33&id=151726 , one problem I see though, is that it's listing a 16 point WU. As far as I know, I don't think there are any WU's that small currently. You might want to check in your folding directory for a file called FAHlog.txt and see if there is information in that log pertaining to Early_Unit_End. If there is, that's normally a sign that there might be some issues with your PC.

 
How would I unistall it all and start from the begining? I am all messed up lol

So what would be the best way to uninstall Folding at home(I think I might have more than one accidentally installed dont know tho) so I can just start from the begining ad have the confidence that its working
 
I would say that if you are overclocked, ease that up a bit. Next go to where your folding directory is and delete all files excpet for the FAH-502Console.exe. Now run it again and hope you get a good core. :)
 
I am not overclocked at all, but had to tweak my ram a bit for it to run, but its prime stable for 12+hours
Also I sometimes restart my computer due to GVSU internet not liking us and us having to shutdown our computer for a few minutes so we can log back in.
 
Did you happen to notice if the Early Unit End text appeared? In the past, we've found that F@H can sometimes be a better gauge to problems than Prime or Memtest. It'll just blow up even though those run fine.

In that case, normally it means a corrupted core file, and magnusvir's suggestion would be the way to start. Otherwise it's normally a problem with an OC or memory.

 
Back
Top