• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Am I cheating?

mikeki

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Messages
87
My clients are set to use "-advmethods -forceasm" flags. To be honest, I have no idea why. I'm using this single click install which sets those two flags.

I love comparing PPD and all, but if the only purpose of these flags is to select fast WU's then I will turn them off. My goal is to help the research.

I know this is a basic question, but what flags should I be using?
 
It's not cheating to use any of the flags. The -advmethods flag is to enable your machine to pickup beta proteins, while the -forceasm flag forces F@H to re-enable SSE boost in case of an abnormal shutdown.

The beta proteins that -advmethods will occasionally have a point bonus assigned to them, but as for researchwise, anything you crunch is useful.

 
You are cheating. You must change your userid to [h]penguincomp in order to rectify this situation.

 
Back
Top