• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Am I a idiot for this?

Im going to say yes
THIS IS A USED ITEM. AUCTION IS FOR THE POWER SUPPLY ONLY, NO ACCESSORIES. ITEM HAS NOT BEEN TESTED. SOLD AS IS.
To me that would mean you get just the PSU and no cables...
 
O-P-M said:
How much could cables possibly cost......shit

No point in getting upset until you find out what the situation really is.........
 
Maybe get it and stick it in an old system with parts you don't care if get fried or not, if everything checks out OK then move it to your good system.

Antec makes a PS tester, you can get them at Circuit City, only like 20 bucks. Don't know first hand exactly how trustable they are though.
 
So what if this doesnt come with any cables. How could I test it? If its got power then it should be good to go with these new cables right?
 
hity645 said:
To me that would mean you get just the PSU and no cables...
I'm not sure that cables could be considered accessories. I mean, they aren't meant to be removed from the PSU and the PSU cannot properly carry out it's intended task without cables, so I'm not sure that they could be called an "accessory":
Dictionary definition of Accessory:
1. Optional Part:
an optional part that may be fitted to something to perform an additional function or enhance performance
 
GVX said:
I'm not sure that cables could be considered accessories. I mean, they aren't meant to be removed from the PSU and the PSU cannot properly carry out it's intended task without cables, so I'm not sure that they could be called an "accessory":
It's ebay, do you really think anyone cares about that?

O-P-M said:
So what if this doesnt come with any cables. How could I test it? If its got power then it should be good to go with these new cables right?
Order the cable set via USPS Priority and get them in two to three days, plenty of time before you get the ebay PSU.

If the PSU is DOA or severally defective then you can atleast sell the cables, I'm sure theres some one out there looking for a spare.
 
GVX said:
I'm not sure that cables could be considered accessories. I mean, they aren't meant to be removed from the PSU and the PSU cannot properly carry out it's intended task without cables, so I'm not sure that they could be called an "accessory":

The Antec Neo allows you to use only what cables you want by connecting them to the PSU, a friend of mine just bought one. Those cables might be considered accessories, but he should just wait and see how it goes when he gets his psu from this ebayer.
 
The fact that it is listed as "Untested, Sold As-Is" means you should have read closer and expect to be f'ed over :D
 
1. the cables are shown in the photo, since they are attached they arent "accessories"

2. etailsurplus has a 93% positive feedback, they are dealing in closeout, openbox and salvage, of course some idiots cant judge the risks and get pissed.

3. Id say the odds are good you'll get a complete, servicable supply ;)
 
That said... Anyone want to buy my NeoPower for $30 + shipping? Can't seem to find my SATA cables, though. :(
 
jonnyGURU said:
That said... Anyone want to buy my NeoPower for $30 + shipping? Can't seem to find my SATA cables, though. :(
If it still works sure. :)
 
Yeah. If it didn't, I'd find more creative uses for it. :D
 
I got my cables from Performance PC's, theres quite a bit. Anyways, this psu is suppose to be coming in today and I was wondering. The worst thign that could happen is that it just doesnt work and when I hook everything up, It wont turn on or anything. If it does turn on, its all good right?
 
nevermind, its a adaptor

Although they didnt send a motherboard connector at all...
 
Ya none at all, although on the webpage it doesnt say anything about including one..woops
 
O-P-M said:
Ya none at all, although on the webpage it doesnt say anything about including one..woops

Errr......the ATX connector wasn't removeable on the Neopower I had.............
 
Ahhh, its here... time to see if it has cables....edit coming soon

came in the original box...bonus....and all the cables...not sleeved though, glad i bought the ones that were.
 
Ya wont it possibly fry my shit?

Just noticed, there some melted white shit, resembls the white thermal paste that comes with heatsinks and shit. problems?
 
I take it thats thermal paste for the heatsinks, appears it leaked onto something else.
 
Meh, gotta wait for my arctic 5 to come in tomorrow with my crucial ram and fans. BTW, whats with the 2 connectors fans have, hook them up to each other and then to the power supply? Which one goes into the power?
 
UPDATE

Had a old asus mobo laying around, threw it on the carpet, took the hook ups for the power button off the new mobo and hooked it in. Attached the 20 pin adapter, hooked up the power supply to the surge potector and bam, fired that heatsink right up, although I didnt have to push the start buttong or anythign, is that bad? Anyways I can't believe i successfully bought a 36 dollar neopower 480...Its badass.
 
I can't believe you're throwing electronic components down on carpet.
 
O-P-M said:
UPDATE

Had a old asus mobo laying around, threw it on the carpet, took the hook ups for the power button off the new mobo and hooked it in. Attached the 20 pin adapter, hooked up the power supply to the surge potector and bam, fired that heatsink right up, although I didnt have to push the start buttong or anythign, is that bad? Anyways I can't believe i successfully bought a 36 dollar neopower 480...Its badass.

You could've just shorted the green wire with one of the black wires on the PSU ATX connector.

i.e. you take a small piece of wire. You strip both ends. you insert one end of it in the female pin of the green wire of the ATX connector. You insert the other end in one of the black wire female pin wich should be right next to it (there's a few, pick one). You plug in the PSU and it should start.

Now... if there's no flames and you're breaker doesn't cut off it's usually a good thing. If (like in your case) you have doubt that the PSU could be defective you might also want to check the +5V and +12V rails with a Volt meter or multimeter

Anyway...

Hope it works well... if it does nice find...

P.S. NEVER test anything on carpet. I wasn't a beleiver when it came to ESD (electrostatic discharge) but now after frying 2 mobos and 2 vid cards. I'm f*ck*ng anal about that...
 
Back
Top