• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ALX800 vs. SLK900a

RedShred

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Apr 6, 2001
Messages
2,760
I've read different reviews...

Anybody here have actual experience ?

I will be OCing a Barton which will be folding 24/7 in a case with a 120mm blow hole on the top with two 80mm intakes, bottom front, medium back. The room ambient runs between 75 and 85.
 
Should i assume there is no real difference in performance then ?
 
they are both a high performer , they will be within 2-3c degrees of each other, and since your folding, you won't notice a difference
 
I only have experience with the SLK900, but from the picture of the ALX800 I'm guessing the SLK900 would be a better performer.
 
Haha, that's funny. Those are the two I have:cool:. Get the slk-900a, you'll benifit from running a few degrees cooler. I fold constantally, and the switch got me about 3-4C. Both were lapped, and using a 80mm tornado, running at 7V...later:)
 
RedShred said:
I will be OCing a Barton which will be folding 24/7 in a case with a 120mm blow hole on the top with two 80mm intakes, bottom front, medium back.
A rear intake fan?
 
_Korruption_ said:
A rear intake fan?

Yes. right below the PSU. I use that to blow directly acrossed the mobo. With the 120mm blow hole on on top between the PSU and the Drive cage, there is plenty of air in and air out. The case is rather tall and this just works well in it... not to mention quiet(ish)
 
Running an ALX-800 on a Mobile 2500+ @ 2.4GHz 1.8v
80mm Panaflo High Speed 39cfm

Current Idle:38*C

45 minutes of prime 95: 52*C
 
Back
Top