• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

aluminum + copper = corrosion???

SYN1K1LL

n00b
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
7
I'm building a new cooling loop thats gonna include an apogee, some maze 4 gpus, and an aluminum alphacool bullseye reservoir. I've been reading up recently that a mix of aluminum and copper in the same loop will lead to corrosion. I already ordered all the parts and they are scheduled to arrive on friday...I wanna get started on the loop this weekend before I start my summer classes. So should I bother sending the aluminum bullseye all the way back to Florida (performance-pcs.com) to get it exchanged for the delrin one, or can I just keep the aluminum version and hope that nothing falls apart?
 
It will have corrosion, yes. However, the corrosion happens over time. Running anti-corrosion fluid (lots of it) will help.
 
for the most part those screaming about this are "chicken littles".

Galvanic corrosion can be a minimal concern if:

-the aluminum parts are anodized.

-you use distilled water with a corrosion inhibitor or a premix like PC ICE.

I ran aluminum and copper together for almost 18 months 24/7 with distilled water with about 20% anti-freeze. Guess how much corrosion I found after retiring the rig?


NADA :rolleyes:
 
OK...so the bullseye is anodized black and i will be using Audi antifreeze...the main ingredient being Ethylene glycol. Would a 50/50 mix be ok?
 
Back
Top