Altiris Rapid Deploy and SiS 900nic

DiscoStu

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone out there have any experience with Atiris' Rapid Deploy? I'm trying to upload an image via rdeploy. It uploads, just horribly slow <1mb/min. Normally I hit 40-60mb/min. It is a generic laptop using a SiS900 built in NIC. I've tried the latest NDIS drivers I could find. If worse comes to worse I'll have the company buy a 3com NIC but I figured I'd try and ask first. Altiris support was no help.

Thanks!!

After 52 hours the image finished uploading bump :eek: ... still wondering if anyone had any idea why this is happening or experienced this with rdeploy? Altiris support is still no help ...

Is the pc connected to a managed switch? what does the switch details say? (Possible speed/duplex mismatch).

I have used rapideploy before...and had similar problems with some machines that had 3com NICS. unfortunately....the problem was nevre really diagnosed, and after simply trying a couple of times, they would fly fast and well....that was that. sorry i can't add anything worhtwhile :)

Darthkim said:
Is the pc connected to a managed switch? what does the switch details say? (Possible speed/duplex mismatch).

turns out that was the problem. server has a 10/1000 nic and rdeploy has alot of issues with that apparently. forcing 10/100 on the nic fixed it. :)

thanks for the replies!

Back