alternatives to the ipod?

Euodia

n00b
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
2
I am looking for some good alternatives to the Apple iPod. Any suggestions?
 
Update: I found this article, and I think I really like the iRiver products and the Dell Digital Jukebox. Anyone have them? Or maybe some more information on them?
 
I only have experience with the Dell DJ. It rocks.

If you wait for the good coupons to come out you can get the 20gb unit for under 200. Just yesterday there was a coupon for 50 off the 15gb, and 80 off the 20.. day before that it was 100 off the 20. Just have to be patient.

The software that comes with it sucks ass.. but, you can get Dudebox from Red Chair Software, and it really brings out the power of the device. It enables you to use it like a normal HD as well.. explorer like interface.. its sweet.
 
I have the Rio Karma. It's an awesome player. Has a dock, which you can connect it to USB2.0, Ethernet and Home stereo system. Plus Rio DJ which I use a lot for random mixes. Also the Rio Carbon is supposed to be a good alternative to the iPod mini. www.rioaudio.com
 
iRiver and the Dell DJ are both pretty good mp3 player...
 
iRiver and the Rio Karma are fairly popular alternatives. My friend has a Creative Labs Zen Touch. It is OK. They improved their UI a bit, but ever since owning the Jukebox 3 I don't want to touch any CL mobile products :)
 
I got a Muvo NX 256mb. Awesome little player if you need somethin to go to the gym with. Though they have the TX which has a FM radio and goes up to 512mb. I usually take it with me if I have no pocket room for my Karma.
 
i have a 40gb creative zen xtra i got new from newegg for $180.

it does everything i want it to.
 
i got a creative zen usb 2.0 20gb that i bought used in the buy/sell forums here at hardforum for around 125....paid 10shipping and then 20 or so for the notmad manager and I'm as good as gold....best investment i've made this year.

use it all the time.
 
Back
Top