Alternatives to the ABIT IP35 or is that the best choice?

Lime

Gawd
I'm looking to put together a new machine, E6750. No overclocking, just want rock solid stability and reliability with 2gb of ram (planning on Corsair XMS2) with a PC Power and cooling 610w PSU and looking at 8800GTS's, 640mb.

Was thinking the Abit IP35, whats comparable or better? Or is this as good as it gets? Looking to spend about the same, or less

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813127029

Depends on what your needs are.
They are very easy overclockers, that's what drew me to them. And good good layout.
If you're not in need of SLi or Crossfire full 16x2. These P35's are where it's at.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'm trying to decide between the asus commando and the ip35 pro. These two boards seem comparable. Is there any great difference between the two?

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'm trying to decide between the asus commando and the ip35 pro. These two boards seem comparable. Is there any great difference between the two?

Commando is an older chipset where the 35 is the newer; definitely go for the ip35

I'm looking to put together a new machine, E6750. No overclocking, just want rock solid stability and reliability with 2gb of ram (planning on Corsair XMS2) with a PC Power and cooling 610w PSU and looking at 8800GTS's, 640mb.

Was thinking the Abit IP35, whats comparable or better? Or is this as good as it gets? Looking to spend about the same, or less

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813127029

Its a good solid choice in its price range.

i just got a asus p5k-e(non delux) version on new egg, open box-ed for 99$. came with EVERYTHING. basically retail box. it was awesome. i love the board! and oc's like mad!

just an idea!

i just got a asus p5k-e(non delux) version on new egg, open box-ed for 99$. came with EVERYTHING. basically retail box. it was awesome. i love the board! and oc's like mad!

just an idea!

If he can find it for that price I would choose it over the Abit peronally.

I was looking for a good P35 board. I was given Intel's, Abits and Gigabytes. I ended up getting the GA-P35-DS4 and I really like it. My only gripe (although small one) is the USB ports get power all the time and my external drive doesn't "auto" shutdown. The reasons I gave we almost identical to yours, except I have 4GB of ram and I am running Vista 64bit. The Intel board DP35DP and the IP35 (pro and no pro) are the ones that I was given as an alternative to my choice.

Depends on what your needs are.
They are very easy overclockers, that's what drew me to them. And good good layout.
If you're not in need of SLi or Crossfire full 16x2. These P35's are where it's at.

...just to clarify, P35 chipset does not support either SLI or full 16x2 (electrical) Crossfire. It only (officially) supports Crossfire and that's usually in 16x + 4x or in some cases 8x + 8x modes.

- If you plan on SLI, you need to get a nVidia chipset board.
- If you want full 16x2 (electrical) Crossfire support, you need to get a P38 / P48 chipset board.

But aside from the above, the Abit IP35 and IP35 Pro do indeed look to be nice choices.

Would someone explain the pro/con or differences of the Abit IP35-V and IP35-E.

This board is going to be used for my son's setup using an E2140 oc with 2 GB GSkill ddr 800 ram and xfx 8600 gts

Both mb's are on sale at Newegg with the V board an extra $10.

How about the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R?

I have this board and its been very stable for me upon switching out my faulty ballistix ram. Its cheaper board, has all solid state capacitors for better stablity/longetivity. This board does not have crossfire though, if that matters to you.

I would have gotten the DS3L model, but they did not have it in stock at my local fry's at the time. I've heard that this board too, is a great and stable board.

Would someone explain the pro/con or differences of the Abit IP35-V and IP35-E.

This board is going to be used for my son's setup using an E2140 oc with 2 GB GSkill ddr 800 ram and xfx 8600 gts

Both mb's are on sale at Newegg with the V board an extra $10.
Others have suggested the IP35-V is a cheaper design and should be avoided.

The two boards to look at <$90 are the Abit IP35-E and Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. If you are buying a E8x00 CPU (which just replaced the discontinued E6x00 CPUs), then Gigabyte currently provides better support for those chips.

The two boards to look at <$90 are the Abit IP35-E and Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L.

I'm in the same boat as the OP and have both of these boards in my cart at newegg but I'm not sure which one to get. My goal is overclocking.

Which one would be the better overclocker?

I'm in the same boat as the OP and have both of these boards in my cart at newegg but I'm not sure which one to get. My goal is overclocking.

Which one would be the better overclocker?
I can't help there, as I have no first-hand experience with the IP35-E.

However, Anandtech is currently working on a <$100 motherboard roundup with the IP35-E, GA-P35-DS3L, and several other boards. I don't know when it will be posted.

Thanks for the reply KenF. I guess I'll hold off a bit until the review comes up.

Back