Alternatives to Razer Naga

Sextron

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I've had a Razer Naga for several years, and I love it. Unfortunately, the right mouse button is starting to give out, and will randomly not stay activated if I'm only pressing it lightly. This sucks for tracking in MMOs.

So, are there any other mice out there that aren't huge, and have a lot of side buttons? I need at 6 side buttons, as I have those bound to keybinds in ever MMO I play.

The Naga Hex would be perfect, but it's just expensive...

So far on Amazon I'm seeing

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G600-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B0086UK7IQ/

and

http://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Perdition-Precision-Programmable-programmable/dp/B00GU8W5AE/

I've never heard of Redragon, and it looks like the DPI on that mouse can only be adjusted in 1k increments, so that's probably out for me.

Has anyone used that or the Logitech 600? The Logitech looks like a real possibility, but I'm worried about the ring finger button, as I pick up my mouse to adjust its position all the time.

Edit: OK, the Naga Hex price has come down a lot since the last time I looked. Now it's almost the same as the G600. Looks like it's probably gonna be a Naga Hex for me. Thanks for all the input, guys :p

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Has anyone used that or the Logitech 600? The Logitech looks like a real possibility, but I'm worried about the ring finger button, as I pick up my mouse to adjust its position all the time.

I used to use a Logitech M600 but got rid of it precisely because of that little "shift" button. I kept hitting it while picking up the mouse...

If you pick and place with your ring finger while using the mouse (think Intellimouse era, which I grew up using with Quake 3), I highly recommend staying away from it as you will have to spread your fingers out in order to pick up the mouse. This caused pain in my hand which led to getting the G502 (though it lacks all the extra buttons you are wanting).

Try this Google Search for some other results: https://www.google.com/search?q=mmo+gaming+mouse

So far on Amazon I'm seeing

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G600-Gaming-Mouse-Black/dp/B0086UK7IQ/

and

http://www.amazon.com/Redragon-Perdition-Precision-Programmable-programmable/dp/B00GU8W5AE/

I've never heard of Redragon, and it looks like the DPI on that mouse can only be adjusted in 1k increments, so that's probably out for me.

Edit: OK, the Naga Hex price has come down a lot since the last time I looked. Now it's almost the same as the G600. Looks like it's probably gonna be a Naga Hex for me. Thanks for all the input, guys :p

I have a Hex and love it. If you just need 6 buttons, it's better than the Naga. It's easier to reach all the buttons with your thumb. Also, it has the rubber thumb nub in the middle (which I love) to allow you to set a home point for your thumb and move the mouse easier without accidental button presses.

Also, if you're coming from the older style Naga, you might not even like the newer one. It has a much different, larger shape to it and I couldn't get it to fit my hand properly to where my thumb could actually press all the buttons. Not that you were planning to get one, but just FYI in case you think about getting one in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I used to use a Logitech M600 but got rid of it precisely because of that little "shift" button. I kept hitting it while picking up the mouse...

If you pick and place with your ring finger while using the mouse (think Intellimouse era, which I grew up using with Quake 3), I highly recommend staying away from it as you will have to spread your fingers out in order to pick up the mouse. This caused pain in my hand which led to getting the G502 (though it lacks all the extra buttons you are wanting).

Try this Google Search for some other results: https://www.google.com/search?q=mmo+gaming+mouse

Logitech gaming software should allow you to disable those buttons that's causing problems. In fact logitech's software and its customisability (even has per game profiles) are my main reasons for exclusively using logitech's peripherals, and I seem to be able to always find something to my liking.

Of course, I have zero problems in installing this kind of software, perhaps it is for other people.

Logitech gaming software should allow you to disable those buttons that's causing problems. In fact logitech's software and its customisability (even has per game profiles) are my main reasons for exclusively using logitech's peripherals, and I seem to be able to always find something to my liking.

Of course, I have zero problems in installing this kind of software, perhaps it is for other people.

You could also install the software, save your customization to the mouse, then uninstall the software. You only need the software if you're changing settings.

I"d not recommend G600... after 2 years, the clicks stopped working - single click was registered as double, right button didn't register at all. Unluckily it, as ususal, broke month after warranty, and Logitech told me, that repair cost would be as high as buying new mouse. On the other hand, my Naga 1st edition still works after 6 years.

I"d not recommend G600... after 2 years, the clicks stopped working - single click was registered as double, right button didn't register at all. Unluckily it, as ususal, broke month after warranty, and Logitech told me, that repair cost would be as high as buying new mouse. On the other hand, my Naga 1st edition still works after 6 years.

You'll find in my signature I'm quite biased - I've had Logitech products for years. I own a G600 mouse and I've never had problems with it. Quite frankly the third mouse button (the alt key if you will) is extremely powerful once you actually learn to use it! (And yes you can disable it if it becomes annoying). I've only had the mouse for about 3 or so years, but for every Logitech product I've got, they've never failed. I've got a G11 keyboard I took with me to work (as the 19s replaced it) and I've had the G11 for at least 6 or 7 years now - still works just the same as on day 1!

So, I just ordered the Logitech G602, which I didn't know existed when I made this thread.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g602-wireless-gaming-mouse

Looks to be significantly smaller than the 600, it only has 6 side buttons, and it doesn't have the shift button, so I think it will work well.

I'll give more input once I actually get it and use it.

I found the buttons on that mouse to be too stiff and rather awkwardly shaped and sharp. I didn't use it for any extended period of time to adjust though. Perhaps it gets better with time?

First impressions are good. A little bigger and heaver than my Naga, but definitely not huge. Nowhere close to as big as the old Steelseries WoW mice. Also rides a lot smoother than my Naga, but that might just be because it's newer and cleaner. Button stiffness and shape hasn't been a big issue for me. Sometimes I fuck them up, but I'm still getting used to it.

I'll post some pics if I get enough motivation.

Honestly, I felt the same when I moved from my original Naga to the 2014 edition... First few days was different adjusting to the larger buttons. After that it was back to business as usual.

Back