Alternative to Windows Task Scheduler

Eiolon

Gawd
We have pre-recorded closing announcements for my business. Currently using Windows Task Scheduler with Windows 7. Unfortunately it is hit or miss as to if it wants to actually run the MP3 file at the correct time. Some times it runs, sometimes it doesn't. No error. Just don't run.

So is there any alternatives that would be more reliable than Windows Task Scheduler? Thanks!

How is it being distributed? A file location, auto stream with media payer, etc.?

There is an MP3 file on the computer. I create a task, trigger it daily for 5PM. The action points to the MP3 file which then opens Windows Media Player to play it. It just randomly doesn't want to do the task. So one Monday it may do it, the next it may not. Or it will play 4 days in a row, but not the 5th but it will the 6th. No real pattern to it.

this depends on how many mp3 files you have but a simple clock that lets you use a mp3 as an alarm will do the same job.

http://download.cnet.com/Easy-MP3-Alarm-Clock/3000-2350_4-10289316.html

or use an android device

or auto dj software that has timers for timers of day. i am not a dj so i do not keep track of this software but i know irt is there. the dj software will play audio fules for ads every few minutes/hours or a mp3 intro at the same time every day. you can setup detailed timers to any audio file to play a show and help automate it you are not doing a show but it will do the same thing.

you can set up a intro to play at 5pm for rock music hour automatic and the songs everyday with such software. then at 8pm set up more files forslow jam hour or something, only the audio files will be the work audio files not music or intros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzLMrysE8Y4

brian brushwood of twit uses some software to cue audio files at a certain time for his shows but i can not remember the name.

Last edited:
Try using a WAV file instead.

Also, is WMP your default audio player on the system? Sometimes screen savers or sleep can affect WMP. Try setting a different default audio player.

Back