Alternative to PT Nuke?

CrazyCuz2k

Gawd
Is there a an alternative to PT Nuke that works as well. Possible getting locally in Chicago. Don't feel like paying 8 bucks in freight for a $2 bottle of PT Nuke. And no don't need anything else.

I have always been curious about using aquarium grade copper sulfate.

You use it to treat various fish diseases such as parasites and ick.

Not sure about the concentration or purity versus ptnuke?

Anybody have any insight?

In the long run, a simple silver wire coil and plain distilled water is the easiest and cleanest way to go that I've found.

I've used various additives, but they either gunk up blocks or eventually erode or weaken plastic pieces.

Here's a good how-to on obtaining and making silver coils: http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2088

I bought my silver on ebay for 8 bucks and could make a bunch of coils. Since you live in Chicago, you can probably get it locally easily.

I put two coils in my reservoir. 6 months and not a spec of algae......just nice clear water. If you like colour, buy coloured tubing.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy, just use plain old car anti-freeze. Swiftech's Hydrx which I've used alot is nothing more than automobile antifreeze.

I got a silver chain... should I just throw that in? :p

Your pump might not like it so much.......

Left over silver can be used to make bullets to protect against werewolves. i forgot to mention that.....:D

Go with silver, it's the easiest and most efficient way. I've bought some cheap silver coins and silver wire on ebay that I've used for years....

Back