Alternative iPod software.

sirsleepsalot

Weaksauce
Hi there...

Was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for software to use my iPod with other than iTunes. Seeing as how iTunes isn't working right now, and I don't feel like formating, and the darn program screwed up all my folders and song names and all, I'd rather stay away from it altogether now.

I've just tried Ephpod, but that screwed up my iPod even worse making all folders as artists, and not seperating artists and albums. Plus, it always freezes when transfering my songs. Anyways, I'd like a program I can use to altogether reset my iPod and transfer my music to it properly. It's a 5th gen 80gb iPod Video in case it's relevant.

Thanks ! :)

Might take a look at Anapod.. it's not free, but works well.... Winamp will work with your iPod as well.

I like sharepod. I leave the exe in my ipod and just start it up. The GUI looks nice too.

MGTEK dopisp
WMP11 plugin
works great. Free 30 day trial.

I have used XPlay2 on XP, but I don't think they have a vista version. Not as good anyway.

I use have been using MediaMonkey ever since iTunes started randomly crashing my computer. It has all the same functionality as iTunes and there is a free version.

I'll second MediaMonkey. I have kids with iPods and I hear nothing but complaints and gripes whenever they try to rip CDs and load music. I switched them over to MediaMonkey and haven't heard a negative complaint. I think it is much faster and seems easier than the proprietary software.

...just my $0.02 :cool:

Newer versions of winamp rock with ipods now. Regular flash players for that matter as well.

Back