Alternative Creative Drivers

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
Ok, now first off..yes I have an X-Fi...and yeah I know there are so many superior choices, but work with me here. :p

Suffice it to say, Creative drivers suck more than my dyson. I get occasional fuzz, my speaker config keeps going MIA (randomly puts me in 2.1 mode), and heaven help me if I change my default recording input (using a plat drive)..it takes about a half an hour to get my mic back on for gaming.

Googling shows a few out there, but does anyone here have any experience with some they'd recommend?

On a side note, I'm completely done with Creative when I pitch this card. Their driver fail has been going on since the SB Live's were popular for pete's sake.

*edit* Win7 Ult x64 btw

Last edited:
In particular these are what you want. They do the new UAA mode for the X-Fi and seem to work well.

/subscribed

My SB X-fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro is on its way today, hope I don't have many problems but want to check these drivers later (@ work now). Thx!

I own the Creative X-Fi Elite Pro, which driver pack grants you the ability to encode to Dolby Digital Live (for games) without needing to purchase the Dolby Digital Live Pack separately?

I'm kinda against paying to enable a feature of my soundcard.

Did the original release of Daniel Ks drivers allow this?

None that I am aware of, it would be a violation of the license agreements of Dolby and DTS to do that. It costs extra because those companies require licenses for their codecs.

Back