Alternative cooling solution on the X1900XTX

Nexer

n00b
I'm beginning to get annoyed about the stock cooler on my XTX so I'm looking around for a better solution.

So far the only two I've found are the Accelero X2 and VF900-Cu

The AC solutions seems pretty flawed with the direct heat output towards the motherboard. I also read about some guy who's Accelero X2 fan stopped a few times. Bad on the X1900XTX.

So I'm currently leaning towards the upcoming VF900-Cu...however...I'm a bit worried about the flimsy heatsinks on the memory. Looks as though they are the same as were shipped with the VF700.

I don't plan on doing any OC'ing I just need at quiet solution and want to run the fan at the lowest possible setting. My concern is that the CFM output of the fan will be insufficient at cooling the heatsinks when i fire up games.

I know that there's been some attempts at running an XTX together with a VF700 and that caused artifacts. Don't know if it was GPU or RAM related though.

What's your oppinion on this?

I'd probably nab the Accelero X2 if it weren't for the two sided ram pads. I want it to be easily removable, and with those on there it won't be :|

aggressor said:
I'd probably nab the Accelero X2 if it weren't for the two sided ram pads. I want it to be easily removable, and with those on there it won't be :|

They'll probably come of with some alcohol of some sort.

I just don't like the idea of all that hot air pouring down on my already "half-way-to-hell" hot A8N32-SLI

That VF-900 doesn't look so bad. I loved my VF-700, and this one looks even better :D

Well, it's not like the VF900 will be any different, it keeps the air in the case as well. It's really a pity that AC made the Accelero and didn't keep the Silencer design.

aggressor said:
Well, it's not like the VF900 will be any different, it keeps the air in the case as well. It's really a pity that AC made the Accelero and didn't keep the Silencer design.

Yeah....that's one of my concerns too but at least it doesn't concentrate the heat down towards the motherboard like the AC cooler.

Nexer said:
I'm beginning to get annoyed about the stock cooler on my XTX so I'm looking around for a better solution.

So far the only two I've found are the Accelero X2 and VF900-Cu

The AC solutions seems pretty flawed with the direct heat output towards the motherboard. I also read about some guy who's Accelero X2 fan stopped a few times. Bad on the X1900XTX.

So I'm currently leaning towards the upcoming VF900-Cu...however...I'm a bit worried about the flimsy heatsinks on the memory. Looks as though they are the same as were shipped with the VF700.

I don't plan on doing any OC'ing I just need at quiet solution and want to run the fan at the lowest possible setting. My concern is that the CFM output of the fan will be insufficient at cooling the heatsinks when i fire up games.

I know that there's been some attempts at running an XTX together with a VF700 and that caused artifacts. Don't know if it was GPU or RAM related though.

What's your oppinion on this?

I don't think it's going to cut the mustard witthe x1900xt but take a look it seems find with the 6800

link

While the Accelero is specifically engineered for the x1800/x1900 series, has anyone tried the latest revision of the ATI Silencer on it (if it fits)? I don't overclock and thought that even if it were only a slight reduction in temps, the vastly decreased noise would be worth it.

Back