• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Alternative calibration software for X-Rite colorimeters?

Bestio

n00b
Joined
Jun 2, 2014
Messages
59
I have an X-Rite Colormunki Display, the default software has done a great job in my monitor and projector, but it has very few options.
There are other third parties softwares who can use that colorimeter with much option and observations?
Or something who can help me to calibrate TV and Projector via OSD, when I don't use them plugged on PC?
 
Check the CalMAN and ChromaPure websites to see if your device is compatible with their software, and if it meets you needs.
 
Like 5 threads about this in the last 3 days but what you want is
DispcalGUI for Windows or Linux or MacOS

&

ArgyllCMS 64bit or 32 bit executables

Put Argyll somewhere and make a note of it. Then Install dispCal and make sure to input the Argyll CMS directory so that Dispcal knows where to find them. For example mine is: D:\Argyll_V1.6.3\bin
 
I tried DispcalGUI but I make a mistake... :(
It take control of color managment, but seems to not work (nothing happens when I click on Displagui profile loader), but default Win7 color managment no more working too.
If I launch a calibration with DispcalGUI, it crash (dispcal has stopped working)
Then I tried to uninstall it, but Win7 color managment is still not working.
Re-Installed DispcalGUI and chose to use the OS color managment, and now it works again, but X-Rite Colormunki software can no more change the monitor internal OSD settings, it ask me to manually modify brightness and contrast, but before he could do automatically, and the final result is much worse.
The problem persists even if I uninstall I DispcalGUI.

Any way uninstall DispcalGUI at all and back to Colormunki sw works fine, or I need to format and re-install SO?
 
Last edited:
I used DispCalGui yesterday with success. Yes it asked me to do a manual calibration first because your screen at least has to be in the right vicinity for a proper calibration.

This was on Linux so I can't tell you what the Windows experience is like.

I did the eye-bal calibration on Lagom.nl first as a good place to start. Keep in mind that when you get to the manual RGB calibration that the goal is tto get all three lined up then you can raise or lower the brightness. If Red is a tad low then you lower the Green and Blue a notch to raise the Red up etc.
 
Back
Top