Altec Lansing ACS641 controller toast

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
I loved these speakers but they are useless now that my ferret drowned the controller while dragging a coke can over it.

I went to Best Buy, Frys, etc.. and OMG has everyone stopped making decent computer speakers? The only ones I find are tiny little anemic things that barely put out decent sound. The AL's had some great boomy bass (thanks to a big beefy sub), good midrange, and good treble. The subs I saw where no bigger than toasters and put out shit bass.

I listened to the Klipch 2 speaker setup but didn't like the way the satellites sounded. The sound seemed confined and small.

Is the computer speaker industry dead? I looked at Altec Lansings website at their current stuff and OMG all that shit is butt ass ugly.

What's your budget? If you're looking for high fidelity audio from your computer, you should consider using an integrated amplifier/receiver coupled with some bookshelf/floor standing speakers.

I'll have to make do with headphones right now. I plan on going that route when I get a new tv later this year.

Well, you don't even have to get too fancy. A used receiver can be had for less than $50 and you can get bookshelf speakers for about that much as well.

Back