Alright these vcore voltage can't possibly be right.

pbXassassinX1524

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, now a while back I saw that sandra was telling me that my vcore was higher then it should be. Not at this time it wasn't so bad, but now the voltages are WAY pver what they should be, but I never have any problems with stability in my system (other then when I botched a display driver install.) But anyway, I was running prime95 yesterday just to see what my temps were running at, everything checks out fantastically. But one thing, my vcore was being read as about 2.9+ getting up to about 3.06 volts, this is rediculously high, I'm hoping that its not reading it correctly or I've got a big problem.

I have never touched any BIOS settings that have to do with the CPU voltage or even the FSB, and if I was ever in trhat section of the BIOS even if I did it by accident after changing some other setting I always exit w/o saving anything, then go back next time and change back the setting I mean't to go into.

What do you guys think of this, wouldn't my CPU be like near blowing up if the voltages were this high?

Also I don't know if this is normal or not, but in CPUz my speed rating on my CPU will fluctuate from time to time (2999 to 3001) is this normal?

Okay, sorry for the novel, I'm just a little concerned about this.

You sure that's a vcore reading of 2.9? Sounds like ram voltage reading. What does your bios voltage reading say?

I am posotive that its the vcore. In ASUS probe (before I took it off because it was acting wierd) it would say vcore right on it, but it wasnt as high as 3.06, but always about 2.90.

I'm looking in AIDA32 now and I'm looking at the CPU voltage rating or something like that, I don't remember exactly.

I'll check again when I get home, but I really don't think I'm looking at the wrong thing.

alright, I just checked and the label I'm looking at in aida32 is "CPU Core" so I think its the right one.

well I guess that other program is just 1v off of what the actual one is. I reinstalled ASUS prode and it has the exact same reading after the decimal but before it its one volt less.

What does the bios read on your vcore? Also, load Cpu-Z and see what voltage that shows.

Back