Almost two years ago I started folding...

Lyquist

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
3,368
I started folding about two years ago and am now up to number 92 on our team. My rise has been gradual because I haven't had alot of machines to put on folding and I don't have a farm of any sort. I used to have a couple of networks, but I disabled the clients on them. To be honest with you, my Core 2 Duo outperforms several P4's that I had folding before. My biggest folder is my personal computer with the SMP client running 24/7. I am also going to get a quad-core as soon as the prices come down to less than $400...then I will really see some folding power on this machine. Four cores will also be good for my audio:)
 
I started back then too in the sckt 754 days when they were hot stuff.... not for this team but for a few others.

Now i remeber when getting 1200 points back in that day was a big deal. This was with 10 comps going 24/7 and overclocked.

Now looking at my 6700 C2D oced and this darn thing does what 10 of those did...mazing how far tech has hepled this cuase
 
Congrats, I passed the two year point back in Febuary. To bad my upgrade money dried up. I haven't built or upgraded a rig since I built the LGA775 Prescott in my sig.

Keep up the good work.

 
Yeah I just passed my 2 year mark back in march. The crazy thing is that i've upgraded twice since then! I can't believe I've spent that much cash on my personal machine. Then I realized, oh yeah, i was making a pretty good amount of money and I was single, it had to go somewhere :D
 
I will reach the 2 year mark in 3 weeks myself and I'm now almost reaching the 1st page of the members listing :) I agree C2D machines make wonders and I got 3 folding currently, putting almost 100k points in under 2 months compared to the first 200k in almost 2 years.

 
I've actually been doing distributed computing projects for longer than two years. I can remember doing some back in 1999.
 
I have about 22 months in with the [H]orde. Sometime in June.

I hope to break into the top 200 by then.




 
I've actually been doing distributed computing projects for longer than two years. I can remember doing some back in 1999.

Before that, I was in distributed.net first then SETI. I jumped on the current project because I believe the results is more useful than some RC5 cracking or search for aliens.

 
I've never done SETI or anything else. Didn't stanford have a project going before folding?? I am always done science based distributing computing projects.
 
I have been doing something for some time now. Hopefully I will continue to do that until something new comes along. Oh yeah and I folded a WU or two and will continue to do so until it all falls apart or all comes together with a cure (or 10)
 
I've been doing some sort of DC for over 10 years now. Started with the RC5 cracking thing, then switched to a split between UD and SETI. Switched most everything over to FaH at the end of Januray. All PC's are in house, no borgs.


 
I've been Folding for 4+ years. My first machine was a AMD XP 1900. Work units were worth oly a few points each, and took days to complete. Started building up a small garden and have moved up to the low 60s rankings-wise.
 
Started with RC5 then some SETI, now UD, all boxen were in house, no borging, though would be nice to have the option to borg for UD...maybe an a client for the xbox 360. :D Mind you I haven't folded constantly, work, family, and now the military hehe.
 
Damn n00bs at only 2 years. Let's just say I've been around a bit longer than that.

I started with the Genome@Home project through Stanford and moved onto Folding2 (the current project) after Genome was finished.

I did SETI and RC5 before that. I started with SETI back when SETI started. I'd almost hate to see what my C2D rig would do to the SETI WU's from back then.

 
Back
Top