Almost all GTX 780 Ti's on hold in Hong Kong due to burning issues

I got the whole story on this and the good news is that this problem only affected one batch of cards produced for the Chinese market.

With all the speculation that's been going on I think you guys will be surprised to hear how simple the problem actually was. These cards failed because somehow the serial number sticker was placed over the back of a MOSFET. Seriously. No faulty parts, no bad GPUs or anything like that. You'd be surprised how many problems a sticker 1" out of place can cause. I'm sure it goes without saying the guy who calibrates the sticker sticking machine has gotten more attention than he's used to recently.

Either way there's no risk of this happening to any cards in North America, Europe, Australia, or anywhere else. Just the one batch in the Chinese market was affected.

Sorry that this happened to you'll. Hope the sticker machine operator gets to keep his job. :)

I got the whole story on this and the good news is that this problem only affected one batch of cards produced for the Chinese market.

With all the speculation that's been going on I think you guys will be surprised to hear how simple the problem actually was. These cards failed because somehow the serial number sticker was placed over the back of a MOSFET. Seriously. No faulty parts, no bad GPUs or anything like that. You'd be surprised how many problems a sticker 1" out of place can cause. I'm sure it goes without saying the guy who calibrates the sticker sticking machine has gotten more attention than he's used to recently.

Either way there's no risk of this happening to any cards in North America, Europe, Australia, or anywhere else. Just the one batch in the Chinese market was affected.

Hahahahahaha.........the sticker guy was on vacation last week.......his fill in read the instructions up-side-down.....plus they were in English.

This is completely tongue in cheek, but I was wondering if those Galaxy cards still have warranty if the serial number sticker is removed? :) :) :)

Back