Allow BB code is sigs please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

2[H]4U
can you allow it? i dont see why not. I can see the reason not to allow html, but why not bb code?

What exactly do you want to do with it that is so important? Just to say, that we have traditionally run very lean when it comes to the "pretty shit".

maybe not bbcode, but at least smilies, i mean, doh's gonna be pissed ;)

i miss the :eek: and :p in my sig :(

maybe color changes would be ok

I hate forums where every user has a 300k flash sig complete w/ noises and blinkey things (not gonna name forums)

it would be nice to have clickable links in the sig that way mine can be short i can just post a link if someone really wants to see what the hell i'm running.

I understand Kyle if you don't want

Whatever you do, please don't make it too much different/too complex

I really really REALLLLLLY hate the forums where people have jumbo sigs and huge pics or animations.

Seriously, don't change it too much, k?
h34rt11.gif

DaveX said:
I understand Kyle if you don't want in sigs but there's not reason to not allow smilies and [URL]. Every other forum has 'em.[/QUOTE]

OK, you convinced me.

I would think that at least we should be able to have a link and simple text formatting. (Bold, unlderline, one font size higher and lower than normal)

I mean, most people use their sigs for their rig stats and it would sure be nice to be able to draw attention to the important stuff. This is basic word processing folks. If I never wanted to see formatted text I would stick to UseNet.

Smilies in sigs are annoying :mad:

And so are links. There's enough information competing for my eye's attention that I don't need to see the same smilies and links in a poster's sig every time they post in a thread.

thewhiteguy said:
Sigs are stupid anyway. Thank goodness we can turn them off with the new forum!

I got tired of telling people their sigs were unsightly and huge years ago, and turned them off. Haven't looked back since.

i hate anything kind of text that deviates from the default text. heck, i say we get rid of that horizontal line and replace it with good ol fasioned ----------------------------

ZeroX said:
I got tired of telling people their sigs were unsightly and huge years ago, and turned them off. Haven't looked back since.

Sigs!! I don't see no stinking sigs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back