"Alleged" Polaris Benchmarks

They would not release a new card that is weaker then the old card. This is obviously from a Nvidia fanboy playing with your minds.
Watt per watt, it's more powerful.
AMD catering to the mainstream market who doesn't have beefy PSU?

Everyone has a beefy PSU these days. A budget 500w can run a GTX 1080. If people actually knew how much their system draw, the market for 300-400w PSUs would explode.

After more information is slowly coming out such as what you are referring to I agree that there is a market for it. Laptops/specialized tablets even us if the price is right. So much of this is speculation though. We have seen benchmarks that say something is great and it isn't and something is terrible and it wasn't so who knows. Maybe we can overclock the crap out of this thing on water? Without all the relevant facts it's just hard to tell where this is going until we get some real hard data to look at.

Everyone has a beefy PSU these days. A budget 500w can run a GTX 1080. If people actually knew how much their system draw, the market for 300-400w PSUs would explode.

It's possible they would explode quite literally. A lot of super cheap Chinese 300-400 watt psu's that can't hold mustard.

Most people buy a PC from Dell, HP, Best Buy, Sears, Target, Wal Mart, etc. 99.9% of those PC sales in which there is a PCIe slot on the motherboard has a puny power supply. That's why sales of cards like the GTX 750ti were so important; they didn't require a 6 or 8 pin connection from the power supply. When your objective is to sell to the masses, you have to tailor your product to the masses. Should this affect higher tier cards? Yes, because naturally as the basic premise of the power delivery system will be efficiency. So the higher tier cards should run cooler, blah, blah, blah. Which should allow for better OC capabilities. That's the silver lining that hopefully comes out of this. ;)

Ok, I got around to running 3DMark 11 with the update and I have a 290x New Edition with 1020/1350 clocks and my gpu score is 15821 which the card is on PCI Express 2.0 and my cpu is 6 years old.

I scored P13 164 in 3DMark 11 Performance

That should give you an idea how powerful the RX 480 is.

Back