ALL week, EA Steam Deals

I think I'll buy Red Alert 3, but I have no interest in Tiberium Twilight, I heard it was worse than mediocre by other players here. They did away with bases, and basically stripped the game of everything that means Command and Conquer, the only thing it seems to have in common with the other games is the name.

Very sad what this series has been reduced to.

I think that C and C 2 was one of the best versions of this game.

I think I'll buy Red Alert 3, but I have no interest in Tiberium Twilight, I heard it was worse than mediocre by other players here. They did away with bases, and basically stripped the game of everything that means Command and Conquer, the only thing it seems to have in common with the other games is the name.

Very sad what this series has been reduced to.

I think that C and C 2 was one of the best versions of this game.

Well, if you want the original Tiberian Sun+Firestorm and original Red Alert to add to your collection, get it here for free from EA:

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

Wait, what? This means you can only install it 5 times? So on the 6th reformat (I do this every 6 months or so), your game goes away?

just put your steam games on a drive you don't format every 6 months.
I am still running the original Steam Install of Half Life 2 when it came out. I just move my Steam Folder around so that I never have to re-download any of the Steam Games, just re-install the Steam Client and point the install to where my Steam Games reside.

Damn, decided to spring for C&C 3 Uprising.

Hoping to score some deals for Mass Effect day though. :)

Fail can you update the first post with information what each days game will be? From the leaked banner adds that guy posted.

NFS: Shift: $22.49
NFS: Undercover: $4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box: $7.49

:(

25% off shift is meh... 7.50 for Burnout Paradise isn't a bad deal... that's a fun game.

Haven't played NFS:U yet. Not sure I own it yet (non-Steam) or not.

May as well get a Steam-tied copy!

(25% off Shift, damn, was hoping for more...)

damn, i was waiting for shift, but was hoping for a better sale.

i'll grab burnout though.

no to NFSU. Burnout Paradise is easily worth 7.50 even if you only play the single player game, and the multi can be quite a blast with friends and that "Kill cam" thing where you can set your webcam to take a picture of yourself whenever you kill someone or get killed (it swaps your picture with the other person if they have one too). My burnout game folder is filled with snapshots of killing my friends with hilarious looks on their faces. A good game, despite EA's meddling.

Ugh cant believe I missed out on Red Alert 3. Saw the banner add and thought it was for C&C4, which I hear is awfully awful. MEH!!

Not interested in today's deals either. Had undercover on the 360; its garbage.

Wow I was really hoping shift would be half off. Can you use a 360 controller for burnout and shift? I can't play a racer with mouse and keyboard..

From what I've read in the Steam forums, Burnout will use damn near any controller you toss at it. So, I bought it.

I too was hoping for 1/2 off on NFS Shift.
Oh well, good reason to save my money I guess.

Decided not to go for any of the C&C deals yesterday after contemplating RA3 and the expansion and today after contemplating Burnout: Paradise for a bit I decided not to bite again. Steam's got enough of my money lately and I can't really support these so-so deals when Steam has had such great deals in the past. 75% off Paradise is good, but I'm not a big racing game fan (especially not on the PC) so I think I'll keep my money today :)

Really hoping they make up for these deals when they bring out their Dragon Age day though. I want to score both those games for really cheap and ditch my physical copies. Something about having physical PC games on my shelf and not through Steam bothers me nowadays :p

Really hoping they make up for these deals when they bring out their Dragon Age day though. I want to score both those games for really cheap and ditch my physical copies.

I expect it'll be 25% off ($30 each), making the deal (not the game, the deal) pretty meh...

Anybody who really wants the game would have already bought it at $40, and those on the fence or not really aware of the game won't be instantly interested by $10 off...

They should make Dragon Age $18 and it will fly off the digital shelf a lot faster and they didn't even have to make physical copy for you and I.Digital copies should always be priced less than the boxed version. It gives incentive for people to move over that route. In the end, they could always jack up the price to what they charged for physical copies because people will be so used to the digital distribution method. Who knows.

They should make Dragon Age $18 and it will fly off the digital shelf a lot faster and they didn't even have to make physical copy for you and I.Digital copies should always be priced less than the boxed version. It gives incentive for people to move over that route. In the end, they could always jack up the price to what they charged for physical copies because people will be so used to the digital distribution method. Who knows.

I'm willing to pay a tad bit more for the steam version as opposed the retail box.

I've lost WAY more physical copies of games than steam has lost digital copies. Why exactly are physical copies better again?

I've lost WAY more physical copies of games than steam has lost digital copies. Why exactly are physical copies better again?

I don't think he is making the argument that physical copies are better, just that they are more expensive to produce.

A physical copy has to have artists for the box art, people to add the barcode and other labeling, the box itself and printing for the box, the disk and the jewel case, the paper and printing for the manual, and shipping to get the box to wherever you buy it.

It's actually pretty wasteful (i.e. expensive), compared to the bandwidth required for a digital copy. The publishers should be passing that cost savings on to us, but they don't want to set the precedent of lower prices. Then, when the majority of people are buying digitally, they would have to raise prices to get the extra revenue they already get now.

The publishers should be passing that cost savings on to us, but they don't want to set the precedent of lower prices. Then, when the majority of people are buying digitally, they would have to raise prices to get the extra revenue they already get now.

I'd argue against should, as they should be focused on what the market will bear. And, if launching at the same price as physical copies is working just fine for them, then they should continue to do so. You could make the argument for customer good will and establishing a loyal user base, of course.

For me, it makes no difference. I wait until Steam runs a sale worth buying (unlike most of this week's deals, so far) and then buy the game. Paying full price just seems like a waste anymore, between the backlog, real life, and the fact that I can wait a month or two and save 50% most of the time.

And I think its those sales where most of the savings are passed onto us. Sure, we see some good B&M deals fairly shortly after launch, but Steam deals seem to beat them more oft than not.

Eagerly awaiting the Mass Effect and Dragon Age sales. I already have ME1, and would like to add ME2 to my collection. Same for DA and the expansions.

If Mass Effect 2 isn't at least 50% off, steam fails.

It's $28.71 on amazon right now.

So far, this week hasn't been that great. So I don't expect to much.

if ME doesn't get half off, then it will sink around Christmastime, when you can probably buy it for $5-$10 if past experience is any indicator, you could buy ME1 for $19.99 2 years ago around New Years, and you could buy it for $5 during last year's Christmas Steam sales.

If Mass Effect 2 isn't at least 50% off, steam fails.

It's $28.71 on amazon right now.

So far, this week hasn't been that great. So I don't expect to much.

Im more or less ignoring the sale. I've seen better deals on all these games.

Is undercover worth it?

Per IGN:

The end result, however, is a game that has practically zero redeeming qualities. It fails on almost every front and is a major step backwards not only for the franchise, but racing games in general.

And IGN is usually pretty generous...

But, for $4.99 it might be worth it. Keep in mind the reviews were written with the game's full MSRP in mind.

Good thing about steam is that I have such a huge backlog of games that there is no need to rush on anything. :)

To anyone considering Burnout, I give a 'must buy.' It's the first racing game I've ever really played (other than Mario Kart) and it still gets regular playtime from my friends almost every single weekend. It's absolutely awesome.

To anyone considering Burnout, I give a 'must buy.' It's the first racing game I've ever really played (other than Mario Kart) and it still gets regular playtime from my friends almost every single weekend. It's absolutely awesome.

Please try TDU. TDU is what Burnout could only ever dream of being. I played TDU before trying Burnout, and it only took a few hours to leave it for good and return to TDU...

I've played hundreds of hours on TDU...

Please try TDU. TDU is what Burnout could only ever dream of being. I played TDU before trying Burnout, and it only took a few hours to leave it for good and return to TDU...

I've played hundreds of hours on TDU...

I've played TDU on every console and PC each time expecting it to be a decent game but no, it never was, it's a terrible terrible excuse for a game with the worst driving feel and "physics" in the history of freeform driving games. It is a sprawling, unpolished, unfocused, totally drab, totally fake pile of smeg, and the fact they make you play it on the arcade modes to unlock the "sim" mode (which is still nothing close to a true sim mode) is insulting. BAD, BAD GAME.

Edit: Burnout : Paradise, flaws and all, is 50 times the game TDU is.

I've played TDU on every console

Shouldn't have wasted your time typing beyond that, but thanks!

TDU is a precision driving sim. Burnout is a crash-shit-into-walls arcade racer. The objective of the latter is something that will get you absolutely nowhere in the former.

Still believe Burnout was just trying to be TDU... Be a shame for those who love Burnout to not try TDU... They may be missing something... Unless you're playing on a console, in which case you certainly are missing something...

FWIW - I did buy Burnout. Believe I even paid more for it than TDU, too...

Today's coming deals: Assuming Spore's even 50% off, is it even worth $20? It's 18 months old already, so I can't see being bothered if it's only 25% or 33% off ($30/$26)?

I already own the others, and they're must-buys for anyone who doesn't have them yet, so not worth discussing them, just buy 'em. (the only bummer is if they're only 50% off @ $10 each... They've been $5 during the holiday sales I believe, so hopefully they're 75% off again...)

But Spore's still $40. So I'm not expecting it to drop below $20, if we're even lucky enough for that. So, worth it?

EA always so afraid to give a good deal. That said dragon age is still worth full price.

Back