All versions of vista on the same disk?

SC385

[H]ard|Gawd
I remember seeing a while back that MS was going to put all versions of Vista on the same DVD and it woud install the correct one based on the serial you put in. Does anyone know if that is still the case? I just got a new laptop but HP makes you buy restore disks and I don't like my only options being buying the disks or relying on the restore disks you burn yourself. I already have access to a Vista business dvd through my roommate and I would much rather use that when i would need to or make a copy of it if possible.

Yes. All 'versions' of Vista are in the installation disk. The disk is either a 32-bit installation or a 64-bit installation, and your Product code interacts with the installer routine to determine what 'features' and 'configuration' is put in place during the install.

Way it all works, it'd actually be fair to say that there's really only "one Vista", and that the 'versions' of it are really only different configurations of its installation which are enabled by different product key codes.

Yes, all are on the the disc. If you want, you can even not enter a product code and try any version for 30 days.

be careful what you put on.ms has a pricing scheme when you try to actvate you may spend a small fortune for a operating system.

be careful what you put on.ms has a pricing scheme when you try to actvate you may spend a small fortune for a operating system.
I heard Microsoft simply hacks into your webcam, does facial reecognition search against several government databases, contacts your bank, and withdraws the required funds automatically.

Or maybe with a legitimate product key for the level of Vista you want, they don't need to resort to any of this.

do install a legal copy of ms operating system i was just pointinf out that there could be cofusion with the right install. there are clean installs and upgrades on the dvd which the installer could possibly pay more than original costs:)

I heard Microsoft simply hacks into your webcam, does facial reecognition search against several government databases, contacts your bank, and withdraws the required funds automatically.

Or maybe with a legitimate product key for the level of Vista you want, they don't need to resort to any of this.

Nah, They would just "update" your bank account ;)

thank for all the help guys. I really didn't want to spend a good chunk of what little money I have on the disks for sense of security in the off chance that something happens.

Back