All speakers won't fire with Aux-In

tinysmall

Weaksauce
So, I just purchased creative inspire T5400 speakers. They have a subwoofer, a center speaker, 2 rear speakers, and 2 front speakers.

The problem with these speakers is that you need to have all 3 channels plugged in to hear all speakers. There's a cord for the sub/center, a cord for the rear, and a cord for the front. What I have is a laptop that has a single 1/8" line-out jack, and I also have a portable CD-Player that I want to use with these, which also has a single 1/8" line-out jack.

The problem is when I plug into the "Aux In" jack of the speakers, I only get audio from the front 2 speakers, and nothing else. What is the cheapest way for me to get to use my laptop and portable CD-Player with these speakers, yet have all of the speakers (rear, front, sub, center) all going at once?

Could buy a spittler and split the signal so it will act as the front left and right, but come out of the rear left and rear right. Not sure if you can get centre/sub, but you could try it too.

Thank you. I had thought I would need to buy an expensive sound card or amp. But a splitter will work without any loss of audio power?

tinysmall said:
Thank you. I had thought I would need to buy an expensive sound card or amp. But a splitter will work without any loss of audio power?
No there will be no lose to power, but you may be talking about the signal strenth, and yes I wouldn't be surprised. But the soundcard on the laptop isn't close to quality you could get with an external soundcard. Always try the cheapest routes as they may satisfy you. But again, I am not sure about the bass wise, that could be the only downfall it would seem.

Feeding those 5.1 speakers two channel audio with splitters is gonna sound like major crap..... do yourself a big favor and replace said speakers with something better suited for your source.

Mister X said:
Feeding those 5.1 speakers two channel audio with splitters is gonna sound like major crap..... do yourself a big favor and replace said speakers with something better suited for your source.
Yeah I'd personally try the extigy. if you were to use those speakers for a laptop you'd be much happier.

Guys, I actually got a 3-way splitter from Radio Shack that takes the feed and goes out to 3. Then plugged all 3 cables from the 5.1 into the single stereo out of the laptop. It honestly sounds pretty good. I wasn't expecting EAX or surround, I just wanted stereo sound to come out of every single speaker. don't know why creative couldn't have just built this into the damn unit, if you plug a single stereo into the AUX it splits it over all the speakers. I guess they just want people to spend more money on their sound cards that have 3 audio out jacks?

tinysmall said:
Guys, I actually got a 3-way splitter from Radio Shack that takes the feed and goes out to 3. Then plugged all 3 cables from the 5.1 into the single stereo out of the laptop. It honestly sounds pretty good. I wasn't expecting EAX or surround, I just wanted stereo sound to come out of every single speaker. don't know why creative couldn't have just built this into the damn unit, if you plug a single stereo into the AUX it splits it over all the speakers. I guess they just want people to spend more money on their sound cards that have 3 audio out jacks?
Glad you happy with it. The only benefit would be with 3d environments in games thats all since it separates the channels for you.

Back