So I went ahead and started on my quest for an eyefinity setup right after the 5870 review was posted here on the [H]. I just recently found another one of my screens(were sold out forever) and now I'm finally down to the graphics card. I have 3 1080p screens and had always planned on going top end until the prices jumped $100 over msrp.
After the massive price jump on the 5970 (should have bit at $629 right away) I decided to wait for fermi to come and rescue me by lowering the prices of ati's cards. That was pretty foolish beings they just adjusted their prices to match ati's price/performance gaps...
So here I sit 8 months after release forced to pay >10% over msrp with 6800 series looking to come early this fall...
I have 2 routes in mind but I would like people with 5800 series experience to comment.
1. Buy a 5850 and just lower settings in game to still use eyefinity. I only plan on playing bf bc2, dirt 2, and nfs shift.
2. Save the money and sit on the screens until the next line comes out and get it at msrp
After the massive price jump on the 5970 (should have bit at $629 right away) I decided to wait for fermi to come and rescue me by lowering the prices of ati's cards. That was pretty foolish beings they just adjusted their prices to match ati's price/performance gaps...
So here I sit 8 months after release forced to pay >10% over msrp with 6800 series looking to come early this fall...
I have 2 routes in mind but I would like people with 5800 series experience to comment.
1. Buy a 5850 and just lower settings in game to still use eyefinity. I only plan on playing bf bc2, dirt 2, and nfs shift.
2. Save the money and sit on the screens until the next line comes out and get it at msrp