All-Pro Football 2K8...2K games returns to football!

I'm all for it as I've been a huge fan of the 2K football games. They got me into video football, and I've never found Madden to even come close. I have no love for EA either, which dates back to the Dreamcast days and their refusal to make a single game for that outstanding console. Their NFL buyout was the last straw for me. I play Battlefield still, but that's about it for EA.

Anyway, great news, and if it's similar in gameplay to the 2K games of the past, then bring it the fuck on!

EA is the devil, all they do is milk a series and then hype a new game to be original and fresh but they just add one feature usually and dont really utilize it that much.

What I hate the most is they dont have the balls to compete. They slap on the title of a guy named Madden and they sell a few million copies because people just wanted updated rosters for $50 back in the day. Then when the NFL 2K series started approaching the 20% and above market share EA is too much of a poonani to compete legitimately.

Sure I even understand that it is a smart business choice for EA but as a consumer they limit my choices and therefore I would be forced to buy the only officially licensed game on football.

The pics look great. Better than next gen madden with 3 iterations, based on what we've seen there. Unfortunately I feel like if I want a game without modern teams or players it better be less than the full $60, like ESPN 2k5 was. If it turns out great, maybe I'll change my mind but right now... not so much.

Game looks awesome and should play great if the 2K development team remained intact after the EA rapeage. I do find it kinda dissapointing to have to use made up teams with Arena style uniforms with all these great players...and I also hope the gameplay is straight up and not "Blitz" style exaggerated.

I have no love for EA either, which dates back to the Dreamcast days and their refusal to make a single game for that outstanding console. Their NFL buyout was the last straw for me. I play Battlefield still, but that's about it for EA.

NFL offered up the exclusive license rights, EA was only happy to oblige.

and MLB offered there exclusive license, but EA did not get it. now there is no baseball sim for the PC (still playing MVP baseball 2005)

might be worth a rent for me. It's not the same without an nfl license IMO.

So has anybody picked up the game yet? I'd love to hear some impressions. I wasn't able to get to the store today, to see if I could grab a copy, but I might check tomorrow sometime.

I picked it up today. Just to let you guys know, I'm not a huge football fan (nor do I know all the rules). But I was looking for a good football game and have played 2k's in the past. This one does not disappoint! At first, I was drawn back a bit by the not-so-amazing graphics in the regular gameplay (but let me tell you, there is an unbelievable amount of detail when zooming in during replays) compared to NCAA08. But heres the thing... NCAA08 plays like crap and this game plays like a dream. The hits are very hard, the crowd is enthusiastic, and there is play-by-play commentary (something NCAA lacks which makes it a bit boring to play for me).

Is it worth $60? I'm not even huge into football and I say YES.

just fyi if you played the demo of nca 08 it intentionally has no sound cause its a demo.

Back