ALL new 5000 cardz

Maybe this is ahead of next year launch of Navi 20 . If you look at the power usage by the current announced cards and have to speculate that there more Navi cards coming this year and those are improvements then the 5700 and 5700xt are simply atrocious.

Makes me wonder if there will, indeed, be a 5900 series...

Makes me wonder if there will, indeed, be a 5900 series...
The only way I see there NOT being a RX 5800/RX 5900 (RX 5800 being a salvaged die with dead CUs from 5900) is that it comes so late they decide it name it the 6xxx series or something else. A 30% larger die Navi10 with the 16GB HBM2 setup from the Radeon VII would already be a competitor to the RTX 2080 Ti if they can produce it for cheap enough.

Last edited:
The only way I see there NOT being a RX 5800/RX 5900 (RX 5800 being a salvaged die with dead CUs from 5900) is that it comes so late they decide it name it the 6xxx series or something else. A 30% larger die Navi10 with the 16GB HBM2 setup from the Radeon VII would already be a competitor to the RTX 2080 Ti if they can produce it for cheap enough.

AMD is telling people that prices will go up ;)
225895_upload_2019-7-11_20-11-56.png

AMD is telling people that prices will go up ;)
Doesn't that look like the worst is already over in terms of increased cost per current products? Navi10 is out of the door already and big Navi sounds like it will arrive in time for a revised product stack once the 7nm process is matured. In the meantime AMD and NVidia can play their back and forth with sales, game bundles, blah etc. It's not like when NVidia releases their first 7nm products it will be absolutely perfect just because they waited longer.

Back