• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

All in One: OmniOS errors

berrmich

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
59
Last edited:
Your last log start with a "permission denied"

Check
- is the filesystem that you want to share via NFS writeable
- check permissions (reset all ACL recursively to everyone=modify)
- is rpool full

then clear maintenance state and stop/start NFS (menu services)
 
filesystem is writeable. It reads and writes as a share in windows
Permissions are everyone=modify
rpool has available space.

How do I clear the maintenance state and stop/start the service?
 
How do I clear the maintenance state and stop/start the service?

napp-it menu "services > NFS"

basics, see
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1451/eqbrs.html


But a failed service has a reason like a
- software update
- os problems
- hardware problems etc

If a service clear/ stop/ start does not help and the problem is new
I would go back to a former BE or update to newest OmniOS if your release is a original napp-it 14b

newest:
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151014

update, read
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151014
 
Last edited:
ok. I was able to clear and start but when I reboot I get the same error. Goes back into maintenance mode. I tried to upgrade but when I try to set the publisher I get:

unable to contact any configured publishers.
This is likely a network configuration problem.
Framework error: code: 6 reason: Couldn't resolve host 'pkg.omniti.com'

Not sure what to do.

Thanks!

-Mike
 
Your network isn't configured properly, check

set Google DNS in menu System > Network Eth > DNS
nameserver 8.8.8.8

check your default gateway in menu System > Network Eth,
click on ip adress (manual setup) or check if your DHCP is configured properly

or redo a base network setup, see
http://napp-it.org/downloads/omnios_en.html
 
Gateway was blank for some reason. Used to work so I don't know what happened. Once the network was up I downloaded the update. This solved the issue.

Thank you very much for your help, again.

-Mike
 
Back
Top