All CORSAIR VOID Headsets Attain Full Discord Certification

HardOCP News

[H] News
CORSAIR®, a leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced that its entire range of VOID gaming headsets have achieved full certification from Discord, a leading voice and text chat application for gamers. With Discord certification, CORSAIR VOID owners can play with the confidence that their headset’s microphone and audio have been tested and evaluated to the highest of standards ensuring clear communication and great sound whatever game they play. Discord, one of the fastest growing communication programs, offers gamers an all-in-one, high-quality voice and chat experience. Where other gaming communication programs have gone unchanged for years, Discord constantly offers new content and updates based on what users want. Discord works on desktop and phone and is completely free.

Getting the best out of Discord needs audio hardware that’s up to the task, and that’s where Discord certification comes in. It’s a comprehensive array of tests and evaluations that ensures gaming headsets not only work flawlessly with Discord, but also a wide range of the most popular PC games played today. Headsets are analyzed using studio level equipment to test both microphone and audio quality, with extreme tolerances for crackle, static and pops that might degrade the auditory experience. Headsets must also pass a rigorous comfort and compatibility play test in a wide array of today’s most popular games, from Triple A to Indie.

I just couldn't help but think this:

dr41lk.jpg

Discord is okay because it's free. I'd rather use better codecs, the quality drop from Teamspeak to Discord actually bothers me.

Wow they make sure the headphones work on games too. I always buy a new set per game because of all the vendor lockin with headphones these days.

Well discord has to make money somehow and selling 'certificates' like this probably brings them income.

Back