All Black Storm Sniper

=XoX=

n00b
I don't think I'm going to go overboard with this case. The idea is to keep it black, with blue LED fans and blue liquid cooling. Luckily I bought the case just as the black edition came out, I was going to get the standard case and paint/powdercoat everything.
A little powdercoat on a few non black parts, some custom black sleeving and the right choice of parts is all that is required at this point.

front.jpg

side1.jpg

top.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to have several radiators inside. I thought that the top would be a perfect place for a dual 120mm radiator, but with the chipset block it's not going to fit.

left_top.jpg

I'll pull out the HDD rack, that should make the case a little less crowded when everything is in. It's also a nice place for a radiator/pump combo. I was thinking of putting a 120mm fan and radiator at the front, still considering how to loop the cooling.

left_front2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HDD cage is pulled out, one of the screws was a little trouble but the dremel filed it out without too much damage.

hddcage_removed.jpg

I'm going to start sleeving all the wiring from the front panel. There is quite a bit here so I'll be busy for a short while.

top_wiring.jpg

I've decided on the EK line of waterblocks. They look nice and fit in well with this project. Three EK 120mm radiators should work well enough, I could add a forth.

I've put chosen the motherboard (EVGA X58 SLI LE). Most of the hardware will be EVGA/CoolerMaster/EK if I can help it. The first block is the EK EVGA X58 LE chipset/mofset block.

evgaslile.jpg

ekevgablock1.jpg

ekevgablock2.jpg

The wiring I'm working on is still underway. It's a bigger job than I previously thought. I went out and saw a power supply and bought it on impulse. I'm starting to think it's not the right one for this case, however the cables are black which should make sleeving easier. I've found some black sleeving which looks a lot nicer than the one I'm using.

After sleeving them, I've realised that they are a bit more see through than I would have liked. I'm going to get some better stuff soon.

Some of it done, need to order more:

wiringjob.jpg

A 120mm radiator has been fitted, so has the motherboard, Chipset/Mofset block and a few wires done. You can see it starting to come together:

partialwiring.jpg

I'm not to sure about that power supply, I was thinking of swapping it for this one:

cm_psu.jpg

Last edited:
Stick with the corsair imo, if you want it to look cleaner without voiding the warranty, you could make a L shaped cover for it out of smoked acrylic or some painted aluminum/steel.

Stick with the corsair imo, if you want it to look cleaner without voiding the warranty, you could make a L shaped cover for it out of smoked acrylic or some painted aluminum/steel.

I did stick with the corsair, I just removed the sticker. I still have it so I can put it back on if needed.

Only a small update, I've been doing some shopping and trying to figure out how much cable sleeving I need. Just waiting for my order to arrive now.

I've drilled two holes to hide the fan wires. There is a fan underneath the bottom radiator and the fan at the front. The fan wires have been sleeved and sit in the bottom of the case. Two custom made wires will soon head up through the hole I drilled in the far side of the front fan up to the fan controller on the top of the case.

bottomfanholes.jpg

I also removed the sticker with some nail polish remover and cotton balls. I rubbed the soaked cotton balls on top of the sticker and it came off easily enough. Some areas had the white paper still stuck to it but after a few minutes soaking it could be removed by hand. There is a few marks on the power supply it looks like red and blue crayon) but I'm not too bothered by that. I might remove the other sticker later. You can also see the fan wires gone at the bottom front of the case.

psusticker.jpg

I've sleeved everything that needs sleeving. I broke my ATX 12V pin tool (I suck at it) so I'm just using the NZXT sleeved extension cables.

nzxt24atx.jpg

It's a tight fit with all the wires squeezed in.
There is a red wire that I'm temporarily using to hold everything to the top of the case which I'll swap out for a cable tie soon.
The only wire that are missing from the back is the PCI-E extension which I'll plug in when the EVGA 480 Hydro Copper is arrives.

backwires.jpg

The cables that will be added are the fan at the back (you can see the white connector at the top), and the PCI-E cable. The Sata wires are ready and waiting, and the DVD is plugged in (Power and Sata). The two fan cables at the front bottom (right side) are loose, they'll be pulled straight, hidden under the case.

frontsleeved.jpg

The top is where all the extra lengths of cable are hidden. As soon as the radiator and fans for the top get here, I can close that off. The only wires I haven't sleeved are the red light controller wires on the left. I wont be using them, and you can't see them so there was no need.

topwires.jpg

Back