• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

All 9800 pro owners!

Hardee17

n00b
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
33
Hi, ive got a radeon 9800 pro 256mb version (with the r350 core, not the r360 one). However, I recently installed a vga silencer, and I am now able to clock beyond XT speeds, both on the core clock (456mhz) and memory 746mhz. I guess I got a good card!

Anyways, I would like to flash it to a xt, but will it work since i have an r350 core and ddr-II memory? Any hacked bioses out there? The make is a sapphire. Thanks for all your help!
 
The problem is the bios has shader optimizations your card doesn't support.
It will give you maybe 300 points in the 3dmark but at the same time, you'll have
all kinds of new errors popping up.
 
oh, i was interested in the temperature monitor, and the overdrive. Is there a way to get temps? Maybe a hacked bios?
 
Hardee17 said:
oh, i was interested in the temperature monitor, and the overdrive. Is there a way to get temps? Maybe a hacked bios?

If you are overclocking anyways, overdrive is useless.
Since your card has the R350 core I'm not sure it even has the thermal diode on it ?
AFWIK, the only pro's with the thermal diode are the latest ones built on the XT pwa.
Not 100% sure though.
Check out the overclock forum at rage3d.com to be sure.
 
Even if your card was made with a 360 core, you'd still need the hardware monitoring chip on the board to read the diode in the core. On a 9600xt it's an LM63 (I know, I researched and modded my card to support it). Then, in order to enable the thermal monitoring/overdrive you have to flash your card with a bios which supports it. In this case, an XT bios...which you shouldn't flash to your card unless your core is a 360 like was mentioned before.

After that, you should see the Overdrive tab in the Drivers. You can chose not to enable overdrive and just have the thermal monitor on...which is what I did since I already overclocked my 9600xt to 650 on the core. Overdrive is basically useless as it will only add at best a 1-3% improvement in performance most of the time. The thermal monitor is worthwhile though.
 
I wouldn't mess with flashing the BIOS, you may be able to get close to XT speeds but you'll probably just mess up a whole lot of other things in the process.
 
Back
Top