Alineware Paint Job

Renner Technology

Weaksauce
My very first computer was an Alienware (everyone's a nOob some time in there life :p)
and I really do love the thing to death. Heck, it took me almost 2x full years to save
enough money to finally buy it. Maybe thats why I love it so much.

But anyway. about a year a go I took the case apart because I was going to airbrush it
but things go in the way and I totally forgot I still had that computer! (ya.. i know..)
But I got some time this weekend/early next week to start painting it.

This case actually had so much dust sitting on it, that I actually drew you guys a
really rough idea of the flame look that I am thinking about going with.

2847256080_b082c27d9c_b.jpg

2847255874_f1ab210dd2_b.jpg

2847255638_51624e16bb_b.jpg

2846419777_474a89983f_b.jpg

2847255360_5330e7d310_b.jpg

2847255248_fb26af067d_b.jpg

2847255104_633ace197b_b.jpg

I am thinking about a simple "true life flame job."

Idea #1
- paint the case a nicer shade of green and then put green true life flames
- chameleon Black/Purple with purple flames.
- solid shinny black with tribal flat black flames

I was just wondering what you guys would maybe recommend doing. I have got a few
ideas of what I would like to do and am just having a hard time deciding on what look
I want to go with.

But case is getting painted late Sunday night. I need to decide by then.

lmao, I actually like the original case...looking forward to your work log and seeing the end results

Yeah I always thought the Alienware cases were nice. Too bad they are overpriced as a brand. Any way to buy just the cases?

This looks like it's going to be cool.

This is going to be sweet. I cut up the chassis to my ALX and had the parts I was going to reuse powder coated . . .now I can't find them . . .arg. BTW . . .my panels are air-brushed as well tho I did not personally paint them.

sometimes alienware sells a few of their cases on Ebay. or you can get them via Ebay from
people who really don't want them anymore.

I have that same case but it's in silver. I just bought the Antec Nine Hundred and thinking of selling the Alienware case. The paint came off on the right side so it's all black on one side. I would like to sell it but only locally since shipping it is gonna cost a lot...

they used to sell them on the site
but you can get some on ebay, most are $179-200+
you could always get lucky and get a cheaper once

This is going to be sweet. I cut up the chassis to my ALX and had the parts I was going to reuse powder coated . . .now I can't find them . . .arg. BTW . . .my panels are air-brushed as well tho I did not personally paint them.

I know that case very well Darth =]
you are the man after all ^_^

anyone wanting info on DarthBeavis's alienware here's link-

But I do have a question for you, my man. What color flame job do you think would look good?

Blue and white flames with perhaps blue powdercoated or anodized frame. You going to add a window?

if you stay w/ the green, I say yellow....yellow and green seem to go well together..no I'm not a packers fan ;)

or you can use a darker green w/ extra pearl for a more subtle "ghost flames" look

I think it would look sweet doing some realistic flame work. Several colors would look really good with the green.

These are some Harlequin PPG colors you could go with to get the chameleon look.

DH 990 Green to Purple
DH 991 Silver to Green

Check out the link.
http://www.customflamepainting.com/harlequin.html

I thiknk matte black with gloss black flames would be pretty cool. I think those flames on the case are not very 'convincing'.:confused:

...I really like the pile of alien heads on the other case.:cool:

and that is another case I am modding ;)
or was... a long time ago. Then stopped for a few months. But now Im back at it :D

didnt really want to show that off just yet

UPDATE: case is getting cleaned up and prepared 4 painting later tonight.
Color of the paint job has is being tossed around. I looked for a few hours
last night and collected as many ideas as I could get, and i think i got a good
idea =]

Thank You for your input guys.

Also. I am going to be painting my water-cooled TJo9 case, Cooler Master 83o
Nvidia Addition case, and other surprise case from another oem. This weekend too

Yeah I always thought the Alienware cases were nice. Too bad they are overpriced as a brand. Any way to buy just the cases?

This looks like it's going to be cool.
Ebay, they cost about 170 bucks, I am pretty glad im not the only person who has wondered this

I cant wait to see how this turns out

if anyone actually wants i have a bunch of alienware cases for sale, PM me if your interested... i only have black and they are the same series the OP has

if anyone actually wants i have a bunch of alienware cases for sale, PM me if your interested... i only have black and they are the same series the OP has

So do i. Los Angeles area only though.
It also has custom drilled holes for watercooling.

Tomarrow night I blocked a few hours to begin painting.
Pictures to fallow hopefully around 11pm central

EDIT:
nothing done last night. Job ran over the time I thought it would take.

Trying for tonight

I would paint it silver/pewter/black for an "Alien/Alienware" inspired style.

Hay fellow [H]ard Members,

I really want to express my sorry over not getting around to this case. I just want to make it
clear that this thing is next in line for me to focus on and finish. As many of you can
probably relate, life's crazy and we just cant always do what we want to do.

I do have a few things to show you

The flame paint job will start and finish tues-thurs of next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, we understand. Can't wait to see what the final product will look like :).

Back