Alienware water cooled laptop.

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Just in case this hasn't been posed yet. Alienware (Dell) teamed up with Asetek to make a water cooled laptop. So far they claim clocks up to 4.4GHz in a laptop form factor.

Link here.

Knowing how proud alienware is with their systems I wouldnt be surprised to see this watercooled version for around $10k. A watercooled laptop sounds nice, until it springs a leak and instead if risking one component it turns the lappy into a very expensive paperweight.

Knowing how proud alienware is with their systems I wouldnt be surprised to see this watercooled version for around $10k. A watercooled laptop sounds nice, until it springs a leak and instead if risking one component it turns the lappy into a very expensive paperweight.

Agreed - they would need to have the best return policy ever for this to sell good.

When reading the title I was expecting a huge and noisy laptop but this is just brilliant. Asetek made coolers for Corsair before, now for Intel and AMD (also Antec, PNY) and very soon Thermaltake will release the Water 2.0 Extreme which is also made by Asetek.

All of Alienware's laptops are ugly to me. I would much rather see Asetek's cooling in Dell's XPS line of laptops.

I think the xps is as ugly as the alienware if we are comparing. But different opinions. None of dells laptops look real nice to me though, except maybe their workstation ones.

If you looked carefully you can see that the system is all welded copper tubing...so leaks are not an issue, especially considering these are professionally built and don't have any parts that can leak or slip loose.

Back